3

"Let's Go Jaguars! Let's Go!"The Cheerleaders said in sync.

It was fourth quarter and they were up by four with 42 seconds on the clock. Amontae gaurded his man closely.

They was playing Lincoln High School. Their team had the best offense, but Wilkins had the best defense.

The was the last game until the Finals. The series was tied and Amontae was anxious to win the last game.

Amontae's man tried to cross him, but Amontae quickly stole the ball and dribbled it down the court.

"Open! Open!" He heard one of his teammates yell that was in the paint . Amontae quickly passed the ball to his teammate.

His teammate made a quick layup and they were up by 6 now. The clock had 29 seconds left.

Amontae knew that they had won the semi-finals. There was no way that Lincoln High School could catch up. They didn't have enough time.

Lincoln High School's coach called time out after he realized the time they had left.

Everybody on the court went to their coach and listened to what he had to say.

Amontae and his team huddled up around their coach.

"We're up by six and there is 29 seconds left. We're almost making it to the finals. All y'all have to do is play tight defense and dribble the time out" Coach Jones said.

Everybody nodded their heads and agreed with what Coach Jones said.

"Amontae, Trey , and Darell I want y'all to rest now. Y'all put up some great numbers. Chris, Sam, and Q I want y'all to help carry the team until the time up. Ok?"

"Yes sir" They all said in sync.

Everybody on the team respected Coach Jones, even though he would be a little extreme sometimes.

The ref blowed the whistle to tell the teams that time was up. Amontae, Trey, and Darrel made their way towards the bench to rest.

Amontae quickly grabbed his Gatorade and took three big sips out of it.

After hydrating his body, Amontae sat back and watched the rest of the game. In his mind all Amontae could think Winter, last night they stayed up until 2 a.m. He really enjoyed talking to her.

"I see you didn't get back online last night" Trey said snapping Amontae out of his thoughts.

"I forgot man, me and Winter was on FaceTime all night. I would've got back on if you reminded me" Amontae said.

"Man whatever, you good. I got off anyways, because Chris kept getting killed in Fortnite" Trey said making Amontae chuckle.
***
"Ma I'm home" Amontae shouted as he closed the front door.

His mother was sitting on the couch smoking a cigarette, surprisingly.

His mom smiled when she seen him. She had some some wrinkles on her face because of all the drugs she did, but she was still beautiful.

Amontae was a little surprised to see his mother smile, she barely smiled ever since her husband got locked up.

"Coach Jones called, congrats on your win baby" She said putting her cigarette out.