15

Amontae

"Nigga why you quiet?" Trey asked Amontae as he watched him eat a fruit cup. Trey was happy to see his best friend alive. He thought it was going to take forever for Amontae to wake up.

Amontae looked at Trey and shrugged his shoulders. He was still hurting and didn't feel like talking. People were visiting him almost every hour and it was starting to annoy him.

The only people he wanted to see were Winter and Trey. Simply because Diana and Aria were annoying.

Diana visited Amontae earlier and asked him a million questions about the shooting. She annoyed him to the point that he stopped replying to her.

Aria on the other hand was acting too emotional in his opinion. She was acting like he died or something.

Amomtae struggled to eat his fruit because his right arm was hurting. He then became frustrated and threw the cup on the side of the hospital bed. He was ready to get the hell out of there.

Trey chuckled at Amontae, "Nigga why didn't you eat it with your left hand?" Trey asked.

Amontae smirked at Trey, "Fuck you." He said lowly, but Trey could hear him.

A few minutes later somebody walked into the hospital room. It was Winter, she was busy talking on the phone. Amontae cracked a weak smile as he looked at Winter.

He was still happy about last night. She was the one that woke up. Her sweet voice amd soft touch allowed Amontae to open his eyes. He was thankful to have a caring girlfriend.

After Winter was done on the phone she walked over to Amontae.

"Hey baby." Winter said before kissing Amontae on the lips. She then sat on the lone chair that was beside the hospital bed.

Trey just sat there on his phone texting Tasha. Ever since they seen each other in the projects, they started to talk and text more.

"How are you feeling?" Winter asked Amontae.

"Like shit." Amontae spat out.

Winter giggled at Amontae before grabbing his hand. They both interlocked their fingers and looked at each other.

"I love you." Winter said with a smile on her face showing off her pretty teeth.

"I love you too." Amontae said as he stared into Winter's eyes.

1 week later

"You're not gonna eat anything?" Winter asked Amontae as she bit into her chicken sandwich.

"How the fuck am I suppose to eat if everybody keeps staring at me." Amontae said.

It was Amontae's first day back at school and everybody was acting like he was Jesus. Everywhere he went people would stare and whisper things about him. It was annoying Amontae and he couldn't wait to go home.

"Just ignore them, they're only staring because of what happened." Winter said before dipping her fries in ketchup.

Amomtae sighed as he stared at the sandwich Winter bought him from Subway. He wasn't really in the mood to eat, but he knew he would be starving in class.

"You're right, but this shit is annoying." Amontae said before grabbing the sandwich and taking a bite out of it.

As Amontae and Winter ate they heard people arguing. They then turned their heads to see Emily and Raven going at it. Amontae shook his head. Emily had a baby on the way and she was still in drama.