40

I really need to make a character list for myself 😂

UPDATE :

I decided to make this chapter longer instead of making two short chapters.

***

Emily shook like a leaf in the wind as she sat at the table. She couldn't believe she was signing up for a job she never imagined doing. She felt like was going against her morals. But she didn't have a choice, her luck of finding a job was low. After searching for a job for almost two weeks, she didn't find one.

Carl, the owner of the club, eyed Emily, "So, you are of legal age right?" He asked before fixing his glasses.

Emily nervously shook her head up and down, "Yeah, I turned eighteen not too long ago." She explained. Her birthday had passed last month.

Carl nodded his head, "Ok, stand up." He ordered her.

Emily furrowed her eyes but stood up. Carl bit his bottom lip as he observed her body. He wanted to make sure she was good enough for the job. For her to just turn eighteen, she had the body of a full-grown woman.

"Spin around. Slowly." He said.

Emily slowly did a full three-sixty turn, "Damn." He said under his breath. But Emily heard him. She didn't say anything, she needed the job.

"You're hired baby. You're gonna be the star of this club now, I feel it in my bones. You're the new star. You definitely got the body, but you also gotta have the moves. You can shake your ass right?" He asked.

"Yeah." Emily said dryly.

Emily was a good dancer. She knew how to shake her ass right, do splits, and knew how to do lap dances. She use to hide it from her mom because she knew she would call her, "ghetto" or a "hoodrat". But Ryan use to love when Emily would dance for him. It was one of the things that made him attracted to her.

Amontae didn't know about her dancing because she never danced for him. He was barely home anyways for her to dance for him.

Carl lit up like a candle when he heard her response. Emily was going to make his club jump even more. He already had skillfull dancers, but they were getting old and played out. Some of those women were entering their thirties or some of their bodies were changing. He need a new, young dancer in his club.

He felt like Emily was going to be the face of the club.

"You start this Friday. It's going to be a special occasion. You'll be the opening act and if people like you, I'll keep you. You also need to come up with a stage name." He explained to her as he wrote on a piece of paper.

"Here, sign this and you're all set." He said before handing her the paper.

Emily read over the paper. It was a set of rules of what to do and not to do. One rule stood out to her, "Do not steal co-worker's personal belongings or money. This will result in suspension or termination."

"These bitches be stealing from each other." Emily said in her mind. She expected every woman to have their own money.