18

"She's so beautiful." Aria wept as she held her deceased baby in her arm.

Aria had given birth at 2:23 AM. She noticed something was wrong when the baby didn't make a sound. The nurses also noticed the baby didn't have a heartbeat.

They tried everything they could to revive the baby, but she wouldn't budge.

Aria stared at her daughter. She noticed how dark her lips were and how pale her skin was becoming. It broke Aria's heart to see her baby dead.

"Baby I'm so sorry." Anthony said before grabbing Aria's hand.

Anthony watched Aria give birth. It was a joyful moment, until he realized something was wrong also.

Angela, Diana, and Anthony watched Aria give birth. Amontae on the other stayed outside the room the whole time. He couldn't face the fact that his baby sister was becoming a mother.

Amontae did come in the room after she gave birth though. He wanted to congratulate his sister, until his mom told him the unfortunate news.

"Why my baby Ava?" Aria asked before placed a kiss on Ava's forehead.

Aria had named her daughter Ava Brown. Her and Anthony agreed on the name a while back. They both thought it was a cute name for a little girl.

"Honey, I'm so sorry. The lord will guide you through this pain." Diana said.

Aria ignored Diana. She didn't want to hear about God at the moment. He took her daughter away from her.

Amontae then let out a sigh.

"I gotta go." Amontae said before grabbing his coat. It was cold outside since it was the middle of February.

"Where are you going?" Angela asked Amontae with her arms crossed.

She though it was insensitive of Amontae to leave his sister like this. She felt like Aria needed support from her older brother.

"To Winter's house Ma, it's almost three o'clock." Amontae said finding an excuse to leave.

He couldn't stand to see Aria like this. He liked to see his sister happy, not sad. He felt like Aria needed to be alone at the moment. Not having everyone around watching her grieve over death.

"I think you should stay with Aria." Angela said before looking back at Aria.

Amontae then shook his head, "Nah ma...I'll be back later."
**
"You're just now getting back?" Winter asked as she closed the front door.

Amontae sighed before hanging his jacket on the rack. He didn't tell Winter the news about Aria yet. He had left Winter's house without telling her.

Winter did call Amontae a few times, but he put his phone on "Do Not Disturb" as soon as he walked into the hospital. He didn't want Ramses or Trey to bother him.

"I had to check up on Aria." Amontae said as he made his way up the stairs.

Winter followed Amontae with her arms crossed. She was pissed off and wasn't believing him.

"For what?" Winter asked with a little attitude as she made her way back into her bed.

Amontae could tell that Winter was mad because of the tone of her voice. He understood why she was though.

"She had her baby." Amontae said as he took of  his shirt.

Winter then stared at Amontae like he was dumb. She didn't understand why Amontae didn't tell her.