10

"This is my nephew, Kairo. He just moved down here and he will be joining my business." Ramses said.

Ramses had called Trey and Amontae for a meeting right before school. He wanted to introduce them to his nephew. Kairo had moved from Chicago to live with his uncle.

Kairo's mother wanted him to move from Chicago because of the dangerous life he was living. But little did she know, Ramses ran a drug business and Kairo was now apart of it.

Trey and Amontae both introduced themselves to Kairo. Kairo had light skin, nice plump lips, tattoos that filled both of his arms, brown eyes, and he stood at six feet.

After a few minutes of chatting and getting to know each other. They all hopped in Trey's car and made their way to Lincoln High.

"So y'all got bad bitches down here?" Kairo asked as he tapped on his phone.

"Barely." Trey said.

They all laughed.

"Honestly, just a few." Amontae said as he went to Snapchat.

There were a few girls at Lincoln that knew how to dress and keep themselves up. The rest of the girls were okay looking.

"Amontae got one of them. She's a dark skinned jawn." Trey said as he focused on the rode.

"Word? What's her name." Kairo asked.

Kairo wanted to know who Winter was. So he wouldn't try to flirt with her.

"Winter, she's a cheerleader too." Trey said.

"Aight." Kairo said.

**

"So how long y'all been working with Ramses?" Kairo asked.

"I've been working for almost a year. Trey been working since he was a Freshman." Amontae said as he stuffed some fries in his mouth.

"Damn, y'all must be getting paid a lot." Kairo said before biting into his pepperoni pizza slice.

"Hell yeah, I ain't even going to lie. It be helping me with the bills."

"Aye y'all tryna skip next period." Trey said as he sat down next to Kairo.

"For what?" Amontae asked.

"To chill, school is almost over anyways." Trey said as he poured ketchup on his fries.

"I'm down." Kairo said.

"I guess I'll go." Amontae said shrugging his shoulders.

Ever since Trey got his car he started to skip more. Before he got his car he would skip sometimes, but now it was an everyday thing.

Amontae continued to eat his food until somebody tapped his shoulder. He turned around and it was Winter. She stood there with a subway bag in her hand.

"What?" Amontae asked.

He didn't understand why she was bothering him. He thought she was supposed to be avoiding him. She didn't text him the whole weekend and now she popped up out if no where.

"Can you sit with me?" Winter asked with sadness in her voice.

"You can sit over here." Amontae said before turning back around.

Winter smacked her teeth and mumbled, "Asshole." before storming off.

Kairo and Trey laughed at Amontae. He had a blank expression on his face as they laughed at him.

"Shit ain't funny." Amontae said shaking his head and pulling out his phone.

"Damn bruh, was that Winter?" Kairo asked.