22

After sixteen hours of labor. Amontae's son, Ayden Amontae Davis was introduced into the world at 2:26 p.m. He was born with a head full of hair, thanks to Emily and weighted approximately six pounds and eight ounces.
**
A couple of tears streamed down Amontae's face as he held his son in his arms. He sat comfortably on the couch in the hospital room as he looked Ayden. He couldn't believe he was a father, Ayden was wrapped in a hospital blanket to help regulate his body temperature.

Emily was knocked out cold in the hospital bed because she stayed up for almost a day in painful labor. Rachel sat in the corner texting on her phone not paying her grandson any attention. While Marcus, Angela, and Aria watched Amontae enjoy the moment.

"I promise to always love and protect you son." Amontae spoke lowly as he looked at a sleeping Ayden that laid in his arms.

Angela smiled at her son while Marcus was a bit confused, he knew nothing about Ayden. Aria watched Amontae and was a little jealous. She wished could've enjoyed the same thing with Ava.

It was nearly four in the afternoon meaning that Amontae skipped school to watch Emily give birth. He nearly passed out when he seen how far Emily's vagina stretched to push out Ayden. It was terrifying to him.

Amontae's phone was being blown up by Winter nonstop. Wanting to enjoy this special day, he ignored her and turned his phone off.

After a few minutes of Amontae cooing and talking to his son, Amontae looked up to Marcus spoke.

"You wanna hold him?" He suggested before looking down at Ayden.

Marcus hesitated before looking at Angela who gave him a weak smile. He risen up from his seat and walked over to Amontae. Amontae handed Ayden to Marcus carefully and Marcus looked at Ayden.

As Marcus observed the baby's features Amontae let out a deep sigh.

"I didn't get a chance to tell you about him..." Amontae trailed off.

"And nah, I never dated her. We were just horny teenagers fooling around." Amontae explained referring to Emily.

Only Marcus could hear what Amontae said because he was talking low and it made Marcus chuckle.

"It's ok Ace, as long as you take care of him. There's nothing negative I can say about this. Hell, I was nineteen when you were born and was in the same situation..."

"The only difference is that I ended up marrying Angela." Marcus reminisced.

Amontae took a quick look at Emily before turning his head back. He could never see himself marry her. She was cool or whatever, but Winter had his heart and nobody could change that.

Amontae cleared his throat and looked at the clock that hanged up by the TV. It had read 4:05 pm.

"Does your girl know about this?" Marcus asked.

"Yeah." Amontae responded.

Marcus was a little surprised at the fact Winter didn't care about Amontae having a son. Most teenage girls would flee away from that. He was impressed with her.

"You got a good one." Marcus said before laying Ayden back onto the hospital baby crib.

"I know."

About fifteen minutes later everyone left the hospital except for Amontae. He stayed behind still holding his son and watching whatever was playing on the TV.

Emily eventually woke up and seen Amontae holding Ayden. A faint smile appeared on her face as she watched him.

"You know you can leave? He isn't going anywhere." Emily said as she sat up from the bed. She groaned a little as she held her stomach. She was still in a little pain because the stitches she had.