20

Amontae

"The quicker you tell the truth. The quicker we will release you." The detective said eyeing Amontae.

For some strange reason the officers decided to keep Amontae for a little longer. They quickly let Raymond and Rashaad leave, but held Amontae for questioning.

Amontae sucked his teeth, "What do y'all want? My aunty has been waiting for a while." He said as he tapped his fingers on the table.

"Did you know Zion Samuels?" The detective asked.

Amontae stomach dropped when he heard Zion's name. It was weird how they kept Amontae for questioning instead of Raymond or Rashaad.

"Kinda', why?" Amontae asked as he looked at the detective who was writing something down.

"I just wanted to know, Raymond said you and him had problems in the past. Is that true?" The detective asked.

Amontae laughed at the detective. He figured Raymond's bitch ass had something to do with this. Raymond was trying to pin Amontae for Zion's murder.

"As in 'problems' you mean having arguments every now and then?" Amontae replied.

He wasn't going to tell the detective about Zion shooting at him. That would make them keep him longer and he didn't want to.

He also didn't want to tell about Zion and Raymond jumping Trey. It would make Trey a suspect and he didn't want to rat his friend out. Simply because Amontae had a guilty feeling Trey had something to do with the murder. Ramses also.

The detective sighed as wrote on his notebook. The answer Amontae gave him wasn't the one he was looking for. He wanted Amontae to make himself seem thuggish and tell about their beef with each other.

"Release him." Was all the detective said.

Amontae smirked to himself as the officers gave him the green light to leave.
**
1 MONTH LATER

"Damn this nigga need to hurry up." Amontae stressed turning up the music in his car.

It was almost eight o'clock and Amontae, Trey, Tasha, Kairo, and Winter were headed to a party that some nigga was throwing. Everybody was going because it was a party for the seniors.

Even though Prom was right around the corner. They all wanted to turn up to celebrate their four, long years of high school.

Kairo wasn't a senior but he was going anyway. He didn't want to bored with Ramses's old ass. Plus, he wanted to find some girl to stick his dick in.

They all waited for Trey to come out the store. They didn't know what he was buying but it was taking him a long ass time.

"You want me to go get him?" Tasha asked as she ran her hands through her nice curly weave.

"Please, it would be a favor for us." Kairo said as he tapped on his phone.

Tasha quickly exited the car and made her way inside the store.

"Baby look at the camera." Winter said recording Amontae with the flash on. He looked at the camera and smiled showing off his teeth.

"Damn y'all, my baby is lookin' fine." Winter said as she recorded him. She caught a glimpse off his outfit also.

Amontae was dripped down in a black Gucci shirt, a black Gucci bomber jacket, black ripped balmain jeans with a Gucci belt around them, and a pair black Gucci shoes.