1 || Film and Records

Silence is golden, and you've got my hopes up
We talk too much

MIRABELLE   SWAN

'He really didn't change anything...' I was hit with the scent of my old room the second the door had been pushed open. The room was pretty spacious; my bed was pushed up against the wall in the center with fairy lights going around the headboard, a desk sat across from it with its head pushed against the opposite wall; my shelf of books I had collected during my summer vacations here remained untouched.

Dad mentioned he did some light dusting, but other than that...he preferred to stay out of female territory.

I dropped my heavy duffle next to my wardrobe to be unpacked later. The soft light pouring in from behind my dark blue window drapes illuminated what would now be my permanent bedroom. That's right. Isabella and I were going to be living here in Forks with our Dad while our mom traveled with our step-father, Phil. Bella wasn't very excited but I wouldn't have had it any other way.

I liked Forks, despite its bland appeal. I also liked the fact that dad wouldn't be so lonely anymore. I had taken a peek into the kitchen before coming upstairs; needless to say, he needed a women's touch...or at least a nutritionist's.

I carefully sat my pack on my desk to begin organizing my camera set. I had all sorts of cameras for all sorts of photos. Photography was rated as highly as drawing in my favorite things to do. All along my walls, right beside my strung up mini paper lanterns, were my artworks. Some were just rough sketches while others were complete with color. Dad always liked my art; he used to tell me it was his way of seeing the world without having to actually leave home.

I learned a lot of what I do from my mom.

I enjoyed capturing landscapes more than people. That was mostly because I wasn't too fond of them (one of the many things Bella and I had in common). I rarely drew any portraits. The only people I enjoy capturing are my family and people who've inspired me in my life. I hope that this new change of scenery will let me meet people like that. Although I hardly doubt it. Starting tomorrow, Bella and I will officially be students of Forks high.

Horny teenagers. Cramming. Tests...

Isn't Forks just great?

Knock. Knock. Knock.

Dad poked his head in a bit awkwardly. "Hey, Mira, just seeing if you're settling in alright."

I smiled at him. "Yeah. Thanks for getting the new bed...you didn't have to." He stepped into the room a bit more, shook his head, his eyes roaming around. "It's no big deal. I figured you and Bella both ought to sleep on something comfortable. You two are a little too big for your old beds anyways." That's true. The last time we had stayed here was 6 years ago. I'm sure my feet would be hanging out of my old race car bed.