4 || Friendly Renegades

Run, run, renegades
Run, run to get away

MIRABELLE   SWAN

'Again...a no show.'  This was the fourth day that Edward and Jasper had decided not to show up to school. The rest of the Cullen family came except them. However, the Hale boy's disappearance didn't mean I didn't get to know his siblings any better. Rosalie and I became as close as friends could get. She didn't seem fond of Bella, but I didn't question it. 

Can't expect everyone to get along, I would say.

At the start of this missing person(s) case, my sister was more frustrated than when Sherlock Holmes didn't get his daily sniff. She wanted - needed to confront Edward. Her obsession with him would've been worrying had I not felt the same way towards my own problem. Jasper's lack of presence did irk me somewhat. The first two days I thought I was being full of myself in thinking that I was the cause of him being gone, but the more I thought about it...the more likely it seemed.

By the fifth day, I found myself equally vexed as my twin. Currently, Rosalie and I were spending the first day of our weekend by walking through the woods. I asked her if she wanted to tag along on my hiking trip and she happily agreed (in other words, I nettled her into it). I wanted to take pictures and needed a friend who was familiar with the trails to go with; this friend also couldn't irritate me to the point that I just strung myself up or thrown myself off a cliff - thus, Rosalie was the one and only person fitting my criteria. However, I think I was better off just getting lost. Never have I ever heard someone complain so much about their clothes getting dirty.

"Couldn't you have just taken pictures at the border? Why the hell do we need to go plodding through-"

"Dear Lord. I knew you'd be a pain in the ass, but could you be any more annoying?"

"Well excuse me."

I looked back at the blonde beauty. She had a displeased scowl on her face. "Come on Rose," I encouraged. "Breathe in the fresh air. If you dislike nature so much then why did you even bother coming?"

 She huffed through her nose. It was funny watching her get fed up with my antics. "Well because, one, you wouldn't stop bothering me until I did. Two, I didn't need you getting lost out here and freezing to death. And finally, I thought you asking me to come out here was code for you wanting answers about Jasper's disappearance."

My shoulders tensed. I admit, I did have some intentions of getting around and asking her...

"Why would you think that? Can't a girl just call her high maintenance friend, drag her out to the woods, and take pictures at their leisurely time?" Rose had a flat expression. My innocent smile melted away in defeat. "Okay, okay. Maybe I called you out here partly because I wanted to know what the hell his problem is, but I swear I really did want to hang out. You're one of the few people I can stand. It's been a long time since I've had a friend."