11 || Silly Vampire

Keep you safe and inspired,
Baby, let your fantasies unwind

THIRD POINT OF VIEW

The Swan Household wasn't the same for different reasons. Bella's mind was trying to fathom what exactly Edward Cullens was; her boggled mind wondering if her little sister had known this whole time. Their father was hellbent on finding the murder of his friend and Mirabelle...she and Jasper hadn't talked for the last three days. Rosalie called the Swan multiple times to try and get her to come by the house, but Mirabelle always had a new excuse prepared.

She decided she needed to go somewhere to breathe - somewhere away from the vampire madness. And what better place than the woods where she and her new Mesozoic pet could take comfort in the other's presence.

Mirabelle had been spending a lot of her time here with the giant wolf, just sketching away. The wolf would leave at hours for a time but come straight back and sit by her. Sometimes he'd lead her deeper into the forest to a spot she hadn't even known about it. Mirabelle had also accepted that she might've gone insane for talking to the creature long ago.

She needed a friend and would gladly accept being called insane if that friend was a big ass wolf that could kill people who'd dare tease her.

"Anyways, I just don't know," she sighed, finishing her twentieth sketch of the wolf. This time he was lying aesthetically on a pile of smooth stones with the pine trees surrounding his form. She was sitting against a tree adjacent to him. "I should probably apologize but I mean...why should I if he doesn't explain anything properly? And he keeps treating me like I'm some weak housewife or something. It's annoying."

The silver canine made a snorting sound. This made her smile. "Glad you agree with me. Who said dogs are stupid?" The creature's tongue lolled out. Mirabelle chuckled, setting her materials aside and standing. The wolf did the same; he jumped down to where she was to stand before her. It may have been two short days, but Mirabelle definitely felt close to the beast. He was like a big, hairy, spirit brother. The wolf bowed his head so their foreheads could touch.

All that Mirabelle cared to listen to was the sound of the forest and their mixed breaths. The gesture had a calming effect on her. It was different from when Jasper manipulated these emotions. It felt like when you're wrapped in your family member's embrace. It's warm. It's safe and secure. It's where you can be weird and not worry about the consequences.

Her hand gently brushed the fur on his face. Together they released a breath, the fog colliding symbolically.'To think I was scared of this big softy...Still, he's pretty smart for a wild animal.'

A loud howl broke their silence. The silver wolf backed away almost hesitantly and lifted his head. Mirabelle had heard those howls before. "Go," she encouraged, smiling," I can find my way back." The wolf whined, rubbing his snout against the side of her head.

She pushed the loving creature away. "Stop," she chuckled. "Go before you get scolded by your alpha." His tail wagged. He released a mighty howl into the sky before racing off. Mirabelle shook her head meanwhile collecting her things to start heading back to the border. She basically memorized the passages going to and from like the back of her hand. Spending hours in this forest had its benefits.

There was just one unavoidable part to get back home. There hadn't been any trouble over the past few days, but it was still a pain to go undetected. Mirabelle has always had this suspicion where if you think about something you didn't want to happen too much, then it would. It was a baseless suspicion but baseless suspicions always seemed to happen in Mirabelle's case.

"How long are you going to ignore me?"

The one person she didn't and did want to see was standing right across from her. Jasper looked as bad as that time he had gone missing from school. His complexion paler, dark circles, his eyes a black and his hair terribly disheveled. He was staring at her wantingly - pleadingly. Mirabelle kept her feet on her side of the boundary. He might not have explained a lot of things but she was smart enough to know that he couldn't cross into 'their' territory - whoever 'their' was.

"When you stop treating me like an infant," she replied defiantly.

"I'm trying to protect you, Mira."

"I didn't ask you to protect me."

Jasper sighed frustrated. "If you get hurt it'll be on my hands, Mira. I can't handle that. I can't lose you because of me. I brought you into this world - this world of monsters."

"I'm sorry," her cynical side was beginning to peek out," I didn't know you were my mother seeing as you're a big pussy." Hale wasn't offended by her jab. He calmly took an unneeded breath. Mirabelle simmered down when she saw this. "This is stupid," she huffed, moving down to get across. Jasper vamp sped to the farthest point of the line to receive her. He lent her a hand to take.

"I'm sorry," he blurted out once she got equal footing. "I just want you to understand that I can't lose you."

"You should be. I'm dating a killing machine. My sister is also the mate of another killing machine. My father is a cop and my mother is a giant klutz who'd probably decapitate herself if it weren't for her husband. I'm also a sociopath capable of a lot of things. There are bigger things I need you to keep me from doing than going off into the woods every now and then."

Jasper cackled. "You're insane," he muttered. "For loving me, for challenging a hundred-year-old creature, for just...facing everything head on."

She grinned confidently. "Like I told you in the beginning. I'm Mirabelle freaking Swan." He pulled her into a tight hug but careful not to deprive her of air or crush her fragile ribs. "There's really no way to win against you, is there?"

"Probably not. Well...maybe frostbite can do me in. My legs are freezing right now so..." No other words needed to be said. He had her in his arms and seated in his living room in the blink of an eye. He disappeared and reappeared with a towel thrown over her legs. Mirabelle was still trying to get used to the light speed teleportation. One of her hands held her head.

"I think I'm going to throw up."

"Sorry," he muttered, taking off her soaked boots and socks for her. "I haven't eaten in a while so I brought you here without warning...I already called Charlie to let him now that you're spending the afternoon here. The others are out right now."

"Wait," she interrupted. "You haven't eaten? Then what the hell are you doing here for?"

"I don't want to leave you. It's been three days-"

"Since you haven't eaten, Jazz. I'll be fine. I promise I won't go gallivanting in the woods while you're away. In fact," she laid herself out on the comfortable couch with her legs curled in like a cat," I'll be sleeping right here~." Jasper smiled down at his girlfriend. She felt him shift beside her. A cold kiss graced her forehead.

Then the wind of him leaving. Her emotions finally slipped through; a wild blush, racing heart, clenched fists. 'He'll seriously be the death of me...'