Prologue

July 2, 2019

Caelfall, Massachusetts

11:17 p.m. 

A locket lays on the hand of a seven year old boy. A peculiar little silver locket decorated with a hexagram embellished with strange symbols. Right at the center of the hexagram is a round amethyst that the child could not get his eyes off.

James and his puppy had been playing in Caelfall's historical park while his mother chatted with an old friend. At some point of playing fetch, they ended up at an isolated area and the beagle dug a hole at a random spot to lay on. When James joined his side, a shiny gem's glint from the sunlight caught his eyes. He used his fingers to dig a little deeper from the soil, and then he came in contact with the locket.  The beagle sniffed the ancient looking jewelry and barked at it. James glanced at him with confusion, continuing to examine the locket. Although it is rather strange and unlike any necklace he has seen before, it was beautiful.

"I think mommy would like this."

James smiled, pushing himself up from the dirty ground. He ran back towards his mother and her friend, along with the other people in the park. Not hearing his dog's warning barks, James jumped in front of his mother and revealed what he discovered.

"Mommy, look!" James exclaimed, waving the locket in front of the woman.

The mother stared at the locket with interest. "Where did you get that?"

"Hulk found it!"

The child then fiddled with the outline of the locket and found the tiny round button that opens it. The beagle began to growl just as James parted the two silver plate. The mother and her friend waited curiously to see what was inside. Yet, the locket revealed nothing.

There is nothing inside the locket.

But only for a few seconds.

Just as everyone relaxed, purple light had appeared from the locket. From the inside of it, the bright purple light briskly began to grow, blinding the boy, the dog, the mother and the companion. The locket was dropped to the ground but the beam of violet carried on illuminating the entire park.

There was not any cries heard from anyone, but not one body was left alive.

____________________________________________________________

a/n: this is the sequel to 17. you may read this without reading 17, though some things will be confusing. I did try to explain the things that I referenced from it, so I hope it helps a little. thank you!