33. Prince & Wolf

NINA

***

Idris pushed the hybrid against a tree, tightening his grip on his neck with one hand while keeping a wooden stake against his naked chest with another. "The girl is locked up in a separate room. Everyone else is in the dungeon." The man coughed after every few words, face as red as a vampire's eyes.

"You will bring us to them." The vampire hissed every word at the paling man, baring his sharp fangs at his prey. "You will lead us where the witches and hybrids are hiding. You will lead us to the others that you've taken." The hybrid male used his sharp nails as an attempt to free himself from Idris' hold, but even when they made deep cuts through his knuckles, he refused to let him go. Idris angled the tip of the wooden stake and pushed it forward, piercing an inch of it through the hybrid's chest. I could almost hear the hybrid man's heartbeat quicken with panic. His orange eyes widened while his blood rushed to his face. "Do we have a deal?"

"Okay! Okay!"

I remained frozen at my spot, sitting at the edge of a boulder as I watched Idris remove his hand from the man's neck before he stepped back. He inserted the wooden stake inside his jacket's pocket before one hand reached to his loosened tie. The vampire casually fixes his tie, looking so calm that I am actually terrified of him. He look so calm, as if he didn't just run back from the bridge area to the lake with great speed, moving faster than any vampire I've ever seen. As if he didn't just pick up the unconscious white furred hybrid by the river and beaten him up until he shifted to his human form. As if he didn't just forced information out of him. As if he didn't just threaten the life of the man in his late 20's. As if he wasn't just about to kill a hybrid. Idris can transform from the most terrifying vampire to the most gentle man within seconds.

"Remind me never to get you mad, jeez." I breathed out, sliding off the boulder where I watched the entire thing. I was only watching but even my own heart was racing with anticipation.

"I'm not mad." Says the vampire, hiding his hands in his pants' pockets. I'm willing to bet everything I own that he's clenching his fists inside those pockets. I say it's more like, he's not mad, he is absolutely livid. His dark red eyes focused on the man he was just choking moments ago, who had fallen to the ground, kneeling with hands on his neck. "Shift."

"Why? He can lead us the way to the manor in his human form."

"He can." Idris nodded. "But I prefer not to see his face. And in that way, he won't be able to make any noise or communicate with us. He is only our guide, not a traveling companion." Never, never piss of this vampire. Despite not being the biggest in appearance, Idris still manages to become intimidating and scary, when he wants to.

"Alright." I raised my hands up defensively. The hybrid obeyed Idris' wishes, fearing for his life. Idris isn't even the alpha of the hybrids, but fear can make anyone do anything. It doesn't matter who is physically stronger. "Are you sure you want to do this, Idris?" It's up to us now. There are only two of us left. I already have an idea of what we will be doing. We go in the manor and all hell will break loose.

Idris clenched his jaw, looking down at the river. "They took my friends, and my clan. And they took him." Something flashed through the vampire's eyes as he whispered the third part. I knew something inside him snapped when he realized Rami had been taken. It was the last straw. The last bullet that brought out the rage in him. "They need to know that they are not going to win. You don't win with darkness at your side. And they need to know that if you take one of ours, we will come for you. If you take what's mine, I'm going to destroy you."