17. Training

"20 bucks on half blood."

"20 on Prince Posh."

I whipped my head to my right side to glare at the twins, Caleb and Devin. Both vampires shot me identical smirks. We are all in a hidden area at Redwoods, a couple of hours after the hybrid attack at Hunters Hollow. Thankfully, no one was killed by the freaky hybrids, though a few were wounded, but nothing serious. Ulysses gathered everyone in the woods, saying that we shouldn't waste any time because if the hybrids knew where we were, the witches and hybrids are onto us and we need to act as soon as possible. And so, we began our training. The hunters gave us weapons to practice with, while some vampires and hunters practice fighting without weapons, but only their bodies. Sakura thought it would be a good idea if we all partner up with someone and fight, and my opponent just happened to be the person I've jumped off to a waterfall with.

Idris smirked and narrowed his eyes at me, then waved the iron sphere he is holding with his left hand. Neither of us had said a word about what happened at the waterfall, but something definitely changed between us. Something good. It wasn't the way we communicate or act around each other that changed, but something else I can't really explain nor point out. Right after we parted away, it wasn't awkward, but it wasn't like in the movies where we are automatically together. We just smiled at each other and he joked about how stupid we were for jumping from such a high point, then I smacked his chest and reminded him that it was his idea. To be frank, I'm glad it wasn't like in the movies where the characters share one kiss and they live happily ever after. No rush, but a start of something. Whatever that something is, I'm a little bit scared and anxious but also excited for it.

"Disarm your opponent." Sakura said the rule once again, her brown eyes glaring at Ulysses and a hunter named Mark, who did more than just disarm each other. Mark got a bruise and Ulysses was sent to a corner for a timeout. To be fair, Mark was the one who initiated the fight and Ulysses just lost his temper and fought back, and won. It was funny because the old vampire was sent to a timeout corner like a child, by an 18 year old human. I love it. "And onlydisarm."

"I wouldn't even dream of hurting the all mighty Rami Nazari." The vampire prince winked, toying with his sphere.

I tightened my grip on the iron javelin, holding it like a sword. "Loser buys dinner."

The prince only smirked wider. "Deal. I'd like a blueberry muffin, thank you in advance."

Did he just imply that I'm going to lose? "Oh, you are so going down, mosquito."

"You can try, hobbit."

"Stop flirting and kill each other!"

Once again, I glared at Caleb and Devin before flipping them off. Idris and I are at the center of an ellipse full of vampires and hunters watching with pure interest. This is going to be so embarrassing if I lost. It's okay. I won't. I'll just pretend I'm Hermione kicking Ron's ass.

"1, 2," Sakura counts off eagerly. "3!"

Idris moved so swiftly that with one blink of an eye, he's in front of me, same distance as we were back at the waterfall. Gasping, I panicked and ran to the other end of the training field, earning a few laughter from the audience. Clearing my throat, I held my weapon with my other hand. "I just do better in this side."

Idris let out a chuckle before pointing his spear towards me. I did the same with the javelin and soon, our weapons are clashing, the loud sound echoing throughout the training field. I swing left and he swings right, I go up and he goes down, I go forward and he goes back. My moves were too predictable, and so I changed it up a little.