7. 2. A.M.

This cabin is built only for two people. Adding two vampires, one tiny human, and one buff werewolf was not a good idea at all. Apart from the kitchen, the cabin has two other rooms: the bedroom and the living room. Juliet and Bobby stayed in the bedroom, while the four of us did our best to squish in the living room. This place does not have a couch, just simple wooden chairs, so we all had to sleep on the creaking floor, packed next to each other like sardines. Every time someone moves, we would know because we would hear the painful creaking of the floor. Thankfully, I am at the end of the group while Idris and Lysander unwillingly lays in the middle, with Drew taking the other end. I managed to fall asleep for about 20 minutes, until an idea hit me. It isn't a great one, it's rather reckless, really, but it might work. I think it's worth a shot.

As quietly as I could, I got up. It wasn't that hard because the creaking noises of the floor were muffled by Lysander's snores. We did not have lights either, but being a vampire comes with natural (or supernatural) night vision. I focused on my feet and my path towards the door, making sure not to hit anything. I need to be careful about not waking anyone up, especially the mosquito, because they would only stop me. I would stop myself too, if I'm on my right mind, which, I'm not, at the moment. Ideas that pop into your head between one to five in the morning are usually the worst or best ideas. And you won't know if it's the worst or best until you actually do it.

The moment my entire body is out of the cabin, I bolted away from it. Sneaking out from vampires and a werewolf is just as difficult as sneaking out from my mother. Oh, the good old days. Middle school, 8th grade: I sneaked out around 11 at night to go see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows premiere. Now, what I'm doing is not too different. I'm sneaking out to go see a witch.

As I run through the woods, the fresh wind brushes my skin and my hair is tousled all over the place, some covering my red eyes. My yellow shirt dances along with the wind, giving a little brightness to the pitch black darkness of the woods. The stars didn't come out tonight and the moonlight is being blocked by the trees. Nevertheless, the environment is still amazing. Ever since my trip to Europe, running at night became one of my favorite things to do. It doesn't matter if I'm in a city full of pretty, bright lights, or a rural town that embraces nature's beauty. It's the best.

While I was enjoying the woods, a strong scent brought me to an abrupt stop.

The sweet, vanilla odor fumes closely. Over the two months of learning how to deal with my new vampire body and senses, I've learned that every one has different senses. Every kind has similarities, such as all humans being sweet, but there are still little differences that I've grown to notice. I think it has something to do with blood types and pheromones, which is a chemical in everyone's body that only humans cannot smell. I followed this scent and my suspicions are confirmed: Andromeda Rojas.

The dark haired, 5 feet human being, is running not too far ahead of me. I thought she was sleeping peacefully, tangled in Lysander's arms?

I easily caught up to her and screamed, "Boo!"

The poor girl crashed into a tree.

"Rami, what the hell." She glared at me as she was on the ground, putting a hand over her chest.

Laughing, I helped her up. "Sorry. Actually, nope. Not sorry. What are you doing here, at this time of the day, or night, all alone?"

"I could ask you the same." Drew crossed her arms and raised a brow.

We stared at each other for a few seconds before speaking at the same time.

"I'm going to go to see Aris."