5. Caelfall

I think we may have traveled through time. It's like we're suddenly in the 1800's. This town lacks the colors of the rainbow, just pure brown, gray, black and white. It's quite sad. Also, it's pretty damn quiet, other than the sound of machines roaring and steels clinking together. Why? Because there is a freaking blacksmith making a sword. A legitimate sword that Jon Snow would know about.

Like I said, time travel.

Except, instead of the fancy dresses, everyone is wearing tight jeans.

"Did Enoch forget to inform us that his jeep is a time machine or what?" I turned to my silent companion, whose full attention is on the blacksmith, with a small grin on her lips. "Excuse me, " I called for the middle-aged man's attention. "How much for that Jon Snow sword?"

The blonde haired man furrowed his eyebrows. "This is not for sale."

"Oh." Drew's shoulders dropped. "Lame."

Drew and I continued to roam around the small town, which is very much like West Grove, size and style wise. There are not many people outside, either. Just the blacksmith, a few old citizens and children. Nothing much to see. Eventually, we reached the forest of Caelfall, which is right next to an abandoned historical park.

As we passed the creepy park, Drew suddenly stopped to observe the place.

"What?"

She just started to dig around the sand area while I sat at the end of the small red slide, watching her with confusion. Lysander has really rubbed off on her.

About five minutes later, she pulled out something from the sands. A locket. I ran beside Drew to examine it closer.

"A hexagram locket. Nice. Looks like someone grew out of their emo phase and decided to throw away their Hot Topic merch in here." Drew cracked a smile as she scanned the necklace. It is a locket but it has nothing inside. Though, as Drew's right index finger touched the amethyst, purple sparks appeared for a millisecond, and then it was gone. "What the fuck." I did the same thing: held the purple quartz with my right index finger. Nothing happened. I did it with my left index finger, but still nothing.

I narrowed my eyes at the decorations of the locket, and my stomach churned. It's those symbols. It looks like the symbols I found at West Grove, which is associated with witches.

"I don't think this is an ordinary Hot Topic accessory." I showed her the symbols. "These are witch symbols, I'm sure of it. Now the question is, what the fuck happened just now when you touched it? And what was inside?"

Just at that moment, we heard a loud growl coming from the forest.

"Lysander?" Drew gave no hesitation and immediately ran towards the forest. "See, this is how we die. We go straight to the scary noise." I sigh, following the scientist.

***

We made it to the middle of the forest and found no grumpy werewolf or the posh vampire with him. In fact, we saw nothing. I don't even smell their scents, which means they are not anywhere near the forest. That also means the growl we heard came from something else, not our werewolf.

"I have a really bad feeling. We better leave before - "

And suddenly, Drew was no longer walking behind me.

"Drew?" I asked loudly. "If I lose you, your boyfriend is going to behead me and I like to have my brain attached to my spinal cord, you know. Where art thou Drew?"

I used Drew's sweet odor as a tracker. Strangely, the stronger her scent hits me, another scent is also getting stronger. It isn't nightshade, human, vampire or werewolf scent either, but something new. Something that smells disgusting. It's like, the smell of acids from laboratories, but mixed with some other things.