38. Astrid

ANDROMEDA

***

I don't know where I am. The last thing I remembered was seeing red light coming towards my way, followed by another tingling sensation on my chest. I remembered falling. I fell into complete darkness and silence for a long time and now, I'm here, somewhere warm and slightly dark. I'm in a bedroom, but not one that I've been before.

The only light in the room are lit up blue and red candles. One on a night stand, three on a desk with a bunch of books and parchments, and one by an open window. It is night, and the stars and moon are shining brightly. The only sound that I can hear are crickets from outside, along with occasional croaks from frogs. Then, a pair of footsteps joined in, coming right to this room.

I looked around for a spot to hide, but there was none. There is no space under the bed, and the closet lacks space for even someone as small as me. I usually fit in anywhere, but apparently not this one time that I need that to be the case. Though as I opened the closet, I saw the clothes inside. They are all clothes that women from long, long time ago wear. The old, fluffy floor length dresses.

I planned on jumping out the window to escape, but suddenly, the door opened and a woman walked in. I was standing right next to the bed, but she didn't even look at me. Then, the freakiest thing happened: she walked right through me. I'm dead. I knew the witches shot me the killing spell, two of them as if one isn't enough to bring me to hell. I just didn't think hell would be like this.

As the girl stood by the window, smiling up at the sky, I got a good look at her face and I couldn't believe my own eyes.

She has long, wavy black hair, lavender eyes, tanned skin, a button nose and a petite figure that makes her look around the age of nineteen, maybe early twenties. If she were to have a few inches shorter hair, have brown eyes, and grow slightly shorter, she'd look very, very similar to me. It wasn't like she's a doppelganger, but she could definitely pass as my family. She looks more like my sister than my own sister. Though she does resemble my dad a bit, especially the nose and the cheekbones.

Rubbing her hands down her light blue dress, the girl sat down on a chair and opened one of the books that sits on her desk. I stood beside the girl and examined the book. She uses a leaf as a bookmark, which made me smile a little. All my bookmarks have pictures of Harry Potter and Doctor Who characters on them.

As I looked closer at the words of the book, I learned that she's reading about magic. Though inside of the book giving spells and information about them, the two pages of the book that I'm viewing discusses magical objects. Specifically, objects where witches can go into. The main purpose of these objects are for traveling, and, or, hiding. For example, if I wanted to travel from West Grove to New York without being seen, or if I'm too lazy to drive, I'd use magic on myself, or I could have another magician such as Miles, to put me inside the object. Another person will carry the object as they travel between two places, and once they open the object, poof. I'm there. In order to do this, the witch will have to say a spell. Then, whoever they want to put inside the object, will be put inside. After that, the witch must say another spell, to make sure the object is locked. To make sure that the witches inside the object do not go anywhere, if opened by accident. Whoever does the spell, they are the only one who can open it again. By magic.

These magical objects can be anything that holds things. The smaller the object is and the better they blend in with every day objects, the better. It cannot contain holes or opened spaces. Some examples of these magical objects are: flasks, vials, sealed cans and bottles, and basically anything that closes and locks.