24. Hybrids

LYSANDER

***

My body hit a hard rocky wall. I heard the sound off a lock, metal and chains clanking. Opening my eyes, I was greeted by lights from fires of torches and candles around the room. I found myself behind rusty bars with gates locked by chains. A dark, unfamiliar dungeon, but with very familiar company. At my right side is a hunter who once captured me and tortured me for information about werewolves. Dean. The last time I remembered seeing him was in Area 51. This time, he didn't look so confident and tough. He has bruises and cuts all over his face and body. There's dried blood on his clothes, some on his neck. One black eye, one scarred cheek. Ripped clothing, and dirty, scruffy face. But despite all that, the hunter gave me a grin that made me want to knock his teeth off. If the bars dividing us were apart wide enough for my arms to fit, I would have done it.

On my left are two hunters with their hunter marks on their bruised wrists. I have seen both hunters that night at Area 51 too. Just like the hunter on my right, their clothes and skin are covered with dirt and dried blood. The female hunter had bite marks on her neck. A mark from a vampire's fangs. The male hunter also has a bite mark, but on his shoulder and it wasn't caused by a vampire. The bite on his shoulder is caused by a canine. A hybrid, to be exact.

And finally facing front, I see the vampire who brought me here, smirking at the hunters at my sides. I glared at the lanky blonde. I should have killed him when I had the chance. He had disappeared that night during the fight at Area 51. We all assumed he had died or stayed with the hunters, but here he is. He first betrayed his own kind, vampires, to work with the hunters, to ensure his survival. And now, he had betrayed the hunters, maybe for the same reason. To be on the witches' good side.

Witches.

There's one with us right now, standing near my mate, who is hiding behind a gray stone pillar, shaking as she stares at the witch with pure hated. The male witch is around my height, if not a little shorter. Tall and slender, clothed in black shoes and pants, black shirt and a red velvet jacket. His face gives an impression that he is no older than 28, with shaggy black hair, lavender eyes, dark red lips and a slightly pointy nose.

"Well done, Uriel." The witch's gravelly voice forced the red-orange eyed vampire in front of me to turn around. "You will be rewarded later."

Uriel smiled sickly before joining a group of hybrids standing near the witch. Three hybrids were in wolf form, while four are in human form. Uriel stands in front of them, closest to the witch.

I could only glare, growl and clench on the rusty bars of my cell as the witch turned to Andromeda, who dug her nails deeper in the pillar as if to keep her there. "Come here." Drew did not do anything but back away even more, only to be stopped by the brown concrete wall. I couldn't remember what happened and how we got here, but the scratches on Drew's arms had got my blood boiling. If I could shift, every single person in this damn room will be dead. "I said step forward." The witch spoke coldly with a smile, though his eyes are anything but kind.

"No." I whispered, feeling my stomach churn with fear as the witch started to walk towards her. "Don't touch her!"

No one bothered to look at me but the hunter on my right, scoffing at my words.

I watched as the male stopped in front of Drew. He first held her chin gently, smoothly sliding his thumb over her jawline. Then, his hold turned rough before drawing his hand back and hitting the right side of her face with the back of his hand. The sound of it echoing through the dungeon pierced though my chest.