18. Sub Astra

Lancaster, Colorado. Pandora's Park. 6 p.m. sharp. Idris and I are sitting on a red bridge, watching the flowing cold river beneath us while waiting for the late werewolf and human-possibly-part-witch to arrive. At first, there was nothing but comfortable silence as we waited. Then, I caught Idris' eyes change from burgundy to pitch black everything, from iris to sclera. He's having a vision. I grew curious of what he was seeing. And without intending to, I had actually gone in and see what was in his head. For the second time, I used my strange power and looked inside Idris' head.

What I saw was a little boy around the age of 4 running in a park. A boy with short black hair, gray eyes and tanned skin, wearing a Doctor Who shirt that's rather big for him, laughing as he looked back to his chaser. The chaser is someone with red eyes, long, curly dark hair and sharp fangs, laughing along with the boy. "Tris! You better run! Uncle Rami's coming for you!"

Gasping, I found myself back in the park and out of the vampire's freaky head. As it turns out, Idris' vision isn't finished yet, because his eyes remained entirely black. After a few more seconds, they returned to white and red and they looked at me with surprise, amusement and excitement. The prince smiled widely.

"I just had a lovely vision."

"Yeah." I breathed out. "Apparently I'm an uncle and I'm pretty fucking sure that boy was Drew and Lysander's child because it's the perfect split of their faces and not to mention the Doctor Who shirt that Drew wore on the first day of our internship at Silverstein."

Idris blinked. "How did you know?"

"I saw." I gulped. "When you were having a vision, I may have accidentally got inside your head to see what you were seeing and I saw that future vision and holy fucking shit, Drew and Lysander are going to have a child and oh my god I'm going to be called an uncle and oh my god I look horrible with long hair I need a haircut before that happens. Holy shit."

"What is Rami freaking out about this time?"

"Oh my god!"

I jumped as I came face to face with the gray eyed werewolf, wearing no shirt, black sweatpants and black sneakers. Lysander raises a brow, eyes darting back and forth me and Idris. Then, both of his eyebrows furrowed after inhaling a couple of times. "Something's different. I don't know what it is, but I can sense something's different." He tilted his head and narrowed his eyes, as if thinking about something, then he shook his head. "Anyways. Why were you screaming?" His gray eyes turned to Idris accusingly. "What did you do to him?"

"Me?" The vampire laughed, putting a hand over his heart. "Why would you even think that, wolf?"

"I don't know. Your scent's all over him."

I choked on my own saliva. "Where's Drew?! Did you leave her? Did you two break up? Is she missing? Why aren't you wearing a shirt? What do you think of the name Tris?"

"What?!"

I felt an elbow hit my chest. "Rami here has consumed an unbelievable amount of sugar this morning so he's a wee bit strange. Don't mind him." Lysander narrowed his eyes but nodded, looking away. "No spoilers, hobbit." The psychic vampire whispered in my ear, tickling my neck along the way.

Spoilers. That was a major spoiler indeed. I wonder what else Idris had seen that he's keeping to himself. What if he had a vision of how the world ends and he's just there, drinking tea, doing nothing about it? I bet he had a vision of the year 3000, when everyone lives underwater. He probably had a vision that we're going to have a Cheetos for president and did nothing about it. He probably had a vision of when -