6. Uncursed

The blob of pale skin and black attire is the first thing I see from my blurred vision as I returned to my consciousness. A hand rests on my left cheek while another is on my hair.

"What the fuck?"

"Ah, good. Welcome back."

As my vision grew clearer, I noticed that I am in a warm, dark, small room with orange lights. I'm in a bed, wearing no shirt, and Idris is smiling at me as if the whole world is perfect and we didn't just get killed a witch. Wait. Did we die? Did I die again? Last time I died, I woke up as a vampire. Maybe this time, I'm a mermaid.

"Mosquito, tell me the truth. Am I a mermaid?"

Idris raised a brow, his red eyes lighting up. "Yes."

I jumped from my bed and checked my legs. Nope. I still got human legs. And I'm not wearing pants. "First of all, you're such a fucking liar. Second of all, I am naked. Why am I naked and you're looking at my nakedness? And you're still looking!"

Prince Prick rolled his eyes. "Apologies, hobbit. You were soaked with water. Andromeda said it isn't healthy if you leave your wet clothes at a climate like this. You'd get sick."

"Aw, you care about me. That's so - " It took me a second to realize what he just said. 'Andromeda said'. "Drew said that? I told you, you are such a shitty liar. She can't even talk." I crossed my arms.

"Actually, she can, now." He grins. "She beat the witch, sort of. I expected no less, really."

Great. I was knocked out for like, an hour, and suddenly I'm flashing everyone, and Drew can talk again? What else? Lysander is now a centaur, Idris is Batman, and Jon Snow is the King of the Iron Throne? What the hell happened?

"Run!" I found myself back in the house made of glass with the witch, Lysander, Juliet, Bobby and Drew. The entire place was burning. Smoke and flames are everywhere. I was running to the other side of the room and knelt down to check on ... me? How the fuck am I seeing myself? An unconscious version of myself? My pale hands touched my asleep self's face.

Then, it was like I was watching a recorded video and everything was being fast forwarded. The smoke and flames were devoured by a storm, one that only happened inside the house. Water came out of nowhere, everywhere, and then the witch had Drew cornered. No one else was moving other than the two of them.

"Don't touch my mate!"

"Mate? A werewolf with a human mate? That is unlikely." The witch laid a hand on Drew's cheek and immediately drew his hand back, as if he was shocked. "No, not exactly human."

What the fuck.

"Who are you?" Drew said nothing. She couldn't. And so, the witch chanted another set of strange words and waved his right hand a certain way. "I am Aris of the Thirteen. What coven are you?"

Drew did not know what he was talking about, but still she replied. Though, it was not the reply he wanted. "Go to hell." She pulled something from her pocket and stabbed the witch with it.

A thermometer.

An old, ordinary glassed thermometer. The witch has been stabbed in the arm.

Again, everything was forwarded, Drew running away while the witch could not move, still aching from the thermometer's impact. My unconscious self was carried, by whoever the hell I am, and everyone was running away.

And just after that, I am back in the bed, in the same small, dark room with Idris gawking at me.

"What in the name of Albert Einstein just happened just now?"