8. BioPhysics

Once again, we had broken in another hospital. This time, the hospital is located at Caelfall. Similar to the other one, this hospital holds very few people. Though, this time, we had crashed the basement, which fortunately has no guards. The basement is creepy as hell, but it is a good place to hide a witch. The hospital has chemicals and drugs that will keep the two creatures weak.

Aris is chained up against the wall, along with the beast he summoned. Both are still unconscious, giving us a good amount of time to study the strange creature. It looks very similar to a wolf, but not quite. I saw that it had orange eyes instead of red, its teeth are so much bigger and sharper, the fur is white, and the size is massive. Strangely, its scent is exactly like the creature that we saw yesterday. The one we saw yesterday looked human, while this one looked like a wolf. They have the same exact scent. It has to be the same creature.

We need to know more about this creature and the witch, so another reason why Drew and I are in the hospital is to do some research. Just like what we did with vampires and werewolves, we take a sample of their blood and DNA and run some tests. The more we know about them, the more we will know what to do with them, like learning how to defeat them by knowing their strengths and weaknesses.

We had already taken the samples, so now, we are just waiting for the results of the tests, which should be finished soon.

"When you were talking to Aris about you being not human and him asking you to join him, what happened after that? I went inside his brain and didn't hear you. Right after I went back to my own self, everything was going crazy."

Drew, currently eating M&M's from a vending machine, shrugged her shoulders. "He said my blood is different, or whatever. He said I was special and I should use my abilities to improve the world and end humanity. The typical villain lines. I said he was crazy, he got angry and exploded. I think that's when you snap out of your trance. He regained energy, built from anger, probably. By the way, what did you see?"

"Nothing much, either." I replayed the vision in my head. "I don't know how I did it again, and I didn't even realize I was in his head already, but all I saw was shadows. There are 12 other people with him, and they were talking, but I couldn't hear anything. They were all in that one park we visited, where you found the locket. And speaking of that, they were all surrounding a necklace just like it. So, that's pretty weird. I don't know what any of it means, though."

Drew slapped my arm. "Nothing much? We now know that there are 13 witches. You were seeing Aris' perspective and saw 12 other witches. Including Aris, there are 13 of them. We know two, so far. Aris and Samara. There are 11 more witches out there. 11 other places taken over, and more humans enslaved."

My thoughts went to my mother and my siblings. I still haven't called them, but I really hope they're safe. They are in Florida, Miami, and it's a pretty big city. West Grove and Caelfall are both small towns, so maybe the witches are only hitting small areas. To stay inconspicuous. Drew said her sister, Alana, is safe in New York, New York, another major city.

"Chances are, all these witches are stubborn assholes who will not soften up if we talk to them." Drew clenches the empty chocolate wrapper in her hand. "This means we will have to find a way to remove their curse, by ourselves. I don't know how we will do that, but hopefully, in time, we will. For now, the only thing we can do is stick to the original plan. Search the country for witches. Now, you've lowered the number to 13. If we find the other 11 witches, we can stop searching."

"In most fictional stories, if you kill the witch, the curses are automatically gone, so..."

Drew frowned. "We can't kill them. They're too powerful."