29. Alphas

LYSANDER

***

Because there has been an addition to the number of prisoners, the number of hybrids guarding the dungeon increased as well. Two rests on the two ends of the second level, while three are on the first level. I haven't slept since I was put in this place. At first, I had hope that we might still get out. But as soon as a bunch of hybrids entered the dungeon, bringing in familiar faces of vampires and unfamiliar young hunters, I lost all hope. When a hybrid had dragged Eva in the cell, I knew, we lost. I thought we were on the right track, but we were wrong. I figured out on the first night that we were wrong in the first place. There are 13 witches but there were not 13 cursed towns. Only a few of them had cursed towns, but the rest are here. And soon as they brought the hunters and vampires, all the witches are reunited.

I can't help but think it's been the witches' plan all along. While we are all teaming up to catch them, they caught us instead. Maybe it's what they tried to do in the first place. To get us all together in one place, so they can catch everyone who will get in their way. The witches let themselves be caught, and once they got everyone together, that's when they made a move and turned the tables around.

But it doesn't matter now. We're all trapped.

Well, not all of us. Idris and Rami are still out there, but Uriel sent hybrids to get rid of them. Who knows what will happen to them.

Glancing at the new prisoners, I wondered why they were left alive. I thought they were going to kill us all. The humans, especially. Then, I got my answer when the hybrids walked in the dungeon with Uriel grinning like a mad man. Right now, he stands in the center of the room with men behind him, all eyeing the prisoners with hunger. Hybrids in bloodlust.

"Drink up, boys."

The prisoners are being used as blood bags for the hybrids. To keep them well fed.

Almost all of the hybrids chose to drink human blood. One of the hybrids opened the cage at my left and yanked the young female hunter out of her mother's embrace. Ignoring Viola's screams and attempts to free herself from the man of mid twenties, sharp fangs planted themselves on her neck.

I watched in horror as another hybrid at the second level took Eva. Her wrist was bitten and she paled as blood was sucked from her body. It was disgusting to see the hybrids take pleasure in the action while their alpha watches like a proud father. If I could do anything, I would stop the hybrids from going near Eva, and even from the other vampires who has been helping us. But I can't save anyone. Not even myself. Not even my mate.

"Get off me!" One of the vampires from Ulysses' clan was pulled from her cage. She made a move to slap the dark haired man, but her hand was caught with ease and the hybrids' teeth sank to her neck. She let out a loud scream that echoed through the dungeon. Her face lost its color while tears slipped from her red eyes.

Her scream was so loud that it was unbearable for everyone with supernatural hearing, including Uriel. He commanded for the hybrid to stop, and the man obeyed. However, the female vampire didn't stop screaming. She only screamed louder. She backed away and rested her back on the bars of her closed cell while her hands clutched on her neck.

"It hurts!" She said through sobs. "It hurts! Make it stop!" I didn't understand what happened. It seemed that she was in great pain, more than the humans who were bitten. Out of everyone, she was the only vampire who was bitten. The other hybrids chose to drink from humans. Hunters. One guess is that maybe the vampire would turn into a hybrid since she was bitten by one, though nothing seems to be happening. She's just on the ground crying in pain. "Make it stop! It hurts so much! Make it stop! Make it stop!"