21. Grimfront

I heard the footsteps storming my way long way before they reached my room. Keeping my face hidden under the soft blanket, I remained completely still on the warm bed. It is way too early to do anything other than sleep. It is too early for company. Too damn early for anything.

"Get up, Nazari." I heard Silas' deep voice after the sound of the door being kicked open. I felt a tug at the end of my blanket right before it was ripped away from my body, exposing myself to the vampire and the other two men with him. I opened my eyes, very hesitantly, to find Dorian and Parker lingering behind Silas. Out of everyone, Dorian looked the most appropriate at this time of the day: tired. No doubt, he had the same wake up call as I did. Silas appears to be excited, especially with that grin he's already wearing. Too early for it. And then there's Parker, who looks as if he is about to kill me. Dorian and Silas have normal dark red eyes. The blonde, however, has iris that are almost pink. "Everyone else already had their drink. It's our turn. Hurry up or else Parker's going to have to eat all the humans in this building, including your friends."

I didn't bother changing my clothes. I only put on my sneakers, drank a cup full of Rose and joined the three vampires, who had walked out of the room the moment I sat up. The sun is not even out yet. 5:30 a.m. We left Embermane the same way Idris and I entered, which is through the second floor. We had to jump up the elevator and crawl out of the square hole, then go down the stairs to the first floor. Silas led the way, running after muttering the words "follow me". Parker is swift at his tail, while Dorian and I ran after in the same speed. Our path ahead is pure, dry desert.

We continued to run south for about twenty minutes until we reached a forest called Grimfront. Various kinds of pine trees decorated the land, along with several native plants. It seems that the place pretty big. Even though Grimfront looks like a place that people would want to enjoy for sight seeing, camping, and hiking, no one is allowed in, according to the barb wires and a big sign of 'DANGER. Restricted Area: DO NOT ENTER'.

Parker laughed at the sign as we stopped in front of it. "Danger." He poked the sign with an index finger. "Spooky."

"There should be another wilderness nearby." Dorian said to the two men who had just jumped over the wires. "We should leave. They put this sign for a reason."

Silas laughed and dismissed the dark haired vampire's suggestion. "I guarantee you, whatever is in here is less scary than Parker when he's in bloodlust." I haven't actually seen anyone in Idris' clan reach the bloodlust state. In fact, I've only seen one vampire in that state, which is the same vampire that took Drew months ago, and frankly, I prefer to not see anymore like that. Still, I agree with Dorian. It is way too early to be getting in some freaky shit. It's dark, it's windy, and most of all, I am hungry and in need of human breakfast. "We'll just have to deal with this. And besides, this sign is probably just to keep humans from trashing the place. It's nothing. Now come on. " Soon after his words ended, Parker and Silas ran ahead, giving us a choice of either staying out or following them.

"Let's just find something and get the hell out as soon as we're done." I sighed, jumping over the metallic wires. If I was not a vampire, I would have injured myself in those wires.

Dorian and I followed the trail that Silas and Parker left, which was about five miles in length. In between trees, the two had cornered a small mountain lion. I could only watch as Parker pounced on the creature and held it down with his bare hands, then he viciously sank his teeth in its body, all within one minute. I looked away, frowning to myself. I had forgotten how these vampires are when it comes to blood. I spent so much time with Idris, who isn't as savage as the other vampires when it comes to hunting for blood, that I forgot how brutal it really is.

"There should be more of them scattered. Go find them, then we meet back here." Ordered Silas before disappearing somewhere else.

Dorian ran off to another direction, and I walked to another, leaving Parker all to himself. Hunting is the biggest problem I have as a vampire. Hunting, hurting animals just so I can keep living. But what else can I do? That is the only way to consume blood. Vampires are known as monster for a reason. And the sad thing above all, I've gotten used to it. It's just all normal to me.