3. Witch

"Seven."

"Ten." I slammed two men against the solid black wall, elbowed one in the ribs and punched the other in the gut. They were the last guards to come out. "Make that twelve. I'd like some burgers and fries for dinner with extra side of blood. Type O negative would be just perfect."

Idris casually stepped over an unconscious human, running fingers through his hair. He eyed the human guards that I've taken down and gave me a nod of approval. "Good. I'm proud."

I felt my stomach heave slightly. Is my hunger that strong that it's making my stomach flip? I'm sure it's due to the human blood leaking from several bodies. We didn't kill anyone of course. Idris and I only knocked these guards out cold and some were wounded as we did so. I have not had human blood since three weeks ago. It was not pretty and I prefer to stay away from it.

"Well, thank you." I bowed. "I am the better fighter, clearly."

Idris raised a brow. "Oh, you didn't let me finish. I've meant to say, I'm proud of myself. I am such a brilliant teacher, am I not?"

I glared at him, giving him my 'I am not amused' face that he's familiar with.

"No. Eleanor is the best."

"I beg to differ." He scoffs. "Who was it that came running to me, begging me to take them away from the so-called 'mean vampire teacher'? Hmm?"

In the beginning of my summer trip, Eleanor volunteered to be my official teacher for How to Be a Good Vampire 101 even when it was technically all of the clan members, but she was not a very good one. It was like being in the show, Extreme Weight Loss, and having a really strict trainer. I literally had to run to Idris for help.

"Whatever. Fries and burgers."

Loud, constant barks rang through our ears, taking our attention away from each other. A human would not be able to hear this barking, but a vampire clearly hears a wolf beneath us. Idris and I shared a knowing look before bolting downstairs. We passed many rooms, but they held no humans. However, the farther we go down, the stronger the familiar scents get and the louder the barks sound.

Almost in every corridor we turn, there are at least two to three human guards. Most are wearing cop uniforms while some are not, though all are strong for humans but no match for vampires. Idris and I easily knocked them out as we rushed towards the wolf calling for us.

When we finally reached the last floor, I almost fainted. I swear, I haven't fainted since I was drunk from Lysander's birthday (if fainting while dying doesn't count), and now, the view came close to doing the trick. I couldn't believe what I'm seeing and it's fucking sick. Absurd.

The hacker, the teacher, the scientist and the receptionist, all locked up behind a rusty cell. There are three locked cells. One contained my friends and another held no one. The last one, a special cell at the left corner is the source of the barks that led us here. A black wolf with red eyes. His cell is made of silver, unlike the other two that are only iron-made.

A dungeon. This is basically a dungeon.

"Holy fucking shit."

"Language." Idris slapped my arm, nudging at a twelve year old boy in the cell full of strangers. "Greetings, humans. You all appear to have missed several baths and suppers."

"Thank you, I've been working on my 'Captured and About to Die' look for weeks." Retorts the hacker, Eva Steele.

"I want to ask how the wedding planning is going, but I'm going to take a guess that it's not going well." Nina shot me a small smile before pushing a lock of hair away from her fiance's sweat covered face. Doctor Maxine is sitting on the ground, looking worn out with a similar looking Enoch beside her. Basically, they're all pretty much dead.