30. Labyrinth

RAMI

***

I should have known the location will be in a really freaky place. Wrix Woods. This is a pretty damn popular park, especially for teenagers and college students. Why? Because it's one of the most haunted places in America. I've done research about the big house in this woods, which has to be the place where the witches and hybrids are. The manor was apparently built a long time ago, owned by a rich man and was killed inside his own house by a mysterious killer. During my high school years, my friends and I would joke about planning a camping trip there. In college, there's been a few news about dead bodies being found there, along with appearance of ghosts and even rumors of other supernatural creatures. Some claimed they've seen vampires and a year ago, I would laugh in their face but now, here I am, a vampire in that very same place. The other stories also included sightings of Slender Man, fairies, and of course, Big Foot. But we know the truth about that one, thanks to Area 51. It is as creepy as I imagined though. Right now, we are standing on top of a hill, examining the woods that we will be entering. The coordinates that Miles gave us is here, and we have to go through the damn place to get to the location where Drew and Lysander, and basically everyone else who got taken by the witches. They are all there. The epicenter. It's like the Isengard from Lord of the Rings. Just looking at the darkness of the woods is giving me goosebumps. The moonlight barely shines through the many trees. And it's a pretty big land, too. I heard it's easy to get lost. That's how people end up missing, according to the articles I've read during high school. We can't just keep running straight because there's a chance that we might end up running in circles. It'll be one hell of a hike.

"Have you guys ever seen the movie Labyrinth?" It is how I'm imaging how our trip is going to be. There's going to be some weird shit and we're going to get lost and there's going to be a singing Goblin King. I tore my gaze from the woods to check my friends. The two of them are shaking their heads. I am disappointed. It is a classic. "Dance Magic Dance? No?" Another no's were whispered. "You uncultured swines."

The three of us checked our weapons. The General made a wise, but very hesitant, choice of letting us go and fight the witches by ourselves while they protect the humans from any hybrid threats. One soldier was nice enough to give Nina one of his guns that kills hybrids, while General Roman and the others didn't bother doing the same for me and Idris. One gun is still a lot of help though. We have one gun, one iron spear, about ten truxols, seven syringe containing tranquilizers and ten syringe full of mercury. Also, we still have the wooden and silver stake. I really hope these are enough.

"They're all there, then?" Nina looked at the woods, taking a deep breath. "We're going to save them."

"It won't be easy." I added. "But we won't stop until we get them back." I looked to my side, to Idris, who's also looking at the dark horizon of the woods. "Any last words before we walk in our deaths? Do you have to pee before we go?"

Idris' red eyes twinkled as the corner of his lips curled up. "If we do die down there, you're welcome to share my coffin."

"Oh, god." Nina put a hand on her head. "You two should get married at the same time Eva and I do. And while we're at it, invite Lysander and Drew as well. Make it a three-way wedding."

Eva and Nina really are soul mates, aren't they? They even have the same exact crazy ideas in their heads.

I rolled my eyes at the woman before beginning to walk towards the woods. "Let's just go before a Red Wedding happens over there." Nina understood the reference and gave my arm a good smack, then walked ahead of us while mumbling words under her breath. Snickering, I gestured for Idris to walk in front of me so that I could sacrifice myself to be the last of the group. In horror movies, it's always the person in the back of a group who always die first. "After you, my lord." As he walked past me, I caught a glimpse of his growing smile, making me forget about the freaky creatures of the woods that we're about to meet.