019

"Coney Island?"

I nod happily, turning to look at Jesse, noticing the excitement behind his eyes, grinning from ear to ear. He looked like a kid in a candy store. "So..." I drag, looking towards the amusement park, sounds bustling from afar, bright lights, laughter, and scents of popcorn filling the air. "What do you think?"

"Would it be really childish of me to say that I'm stoked?" His eyes tear away from the entrance, the Ferris wheel lights shimmering in the whites of his eyes, multi-colored LED's flashing over his face, from red to pink, orange to yellow. "I've never been, ya know? So, this is a first for me."

My mouth falls a little. "What?" I bemused, "You've never been to Coney Island? How long have you lived here?"

"Almost twelve years," Jesse says. "Moved here for college when I was eighteen. I just never had the time."

"Well," I chirp, lacing his hand with mine. "Today's your lucky day," I started pulling forward, leading us to the line in front of the ticket booth, just a few children and couples before us. "I thought we'd do something a little less fancy."

Jesse frowns softly, looking down at me. "You didn't like the last two dates, did you?"

I quickly shake my head, placing my gloved hands on his chest. "No, I did. They were wonderful, better than anything I've ever been on before." I promise, flashing him a reassuring smile, my palm cupping his stubbled cheek, the hair piercing through my glove. "I..." My smile fades, brows furrowing. "I don't like it when you spend so much money," I admit, dropping my hand to his shoulder. "It makes me feel bad, and I don't want...I mean, I know you-"

"Sweetheart," Jesse chimes, taking my hand from his chest, holding it in his grasp. "Stop it, I don't want you feeling that way. I'd shower you with gold if I could, you deserve the world and I'm willing to give it to you." His eyes soften, leaning in to press his lips against my forehead.

As soon as he leaned backward, I grab him by the collar of his jacket, jerking him towards me, our lips meeting in a heated kiss. I could tell I took him by surprise, his body tensing for many seconds before relaxing completely. Frigid lips and warm breath intertwine as if they were long-lost lovers, his hands cupping my cheeks to bring my face closer. It'd been too long since we shared a kiss, 'taking it slow' also limited this. Jesse didn't want to engage unless I was comfortable with it. This was the first kiss we shared since that night.

Keeping my eyes shut, I withdraw, resting my forehead against his to take in the air I sought. "What do I have to do to get another one of those?" Jesse breathes, forgetting for just a second that we were in public, our PDA in full view. I choke out a laugh, my lips pulling into a smile.

"Come on," I whisper, peering up at him through my lashes. "The line is moving." I step out of his arms, taking his hand to hall him forward.

"I take it that you're not going to let me get this date?" He mumbles, resting his chin on my shoulder, his arms coming behind me, holding me while the line continued to move. I shake my head at him, earning a defeated sigh on his behalf. "If I let you pay, can I get another kiss like that?"

I laugh, leaning my frame against him as I shake my head once again. "Easy, tiger," I muse. "Only good boys get rewards."

Jesse's arms tighten around me, his leveled breathing starting to labor and suddenly, I feel his lips in proximity to the shell of my ear. "We're in public, you know?" He whispers, shivers shooting up my back. "Don't test me, sweetheart, I will take you right here."

I had to hide the shock on my face, my lips curling inside my mouth, my face heating in the cold chill of the night. And before I could reply, we were called next.

> > > > >

"I had a great time with you, tonight," Jesse beams, our hands clasped together as he walks me back to my apartment. He insisted and I couldn't exactly say no. We left the park pretty late, and we both agreed that sleep was probably a good idea. "I think it was the most fun I've had in eleven years, amusement-wise." He looks over at me, taking in my hazed smile, a giant stuffed panda in my grasp.

"I had fun too," I say softly, our steps coming to a halt in front of my steps. "This is me." I chime, glancing back at the front door.

"I know," He replies, his hand still in mine. "I wanna make sure you get inside before I leave." Jesse takes the panda from my hand, giving me the freedom to unlock the front door. Fishing for my keys inside my bag, I insert the key into the lock and I twist, turning the knob before pushing the door open.

It was dark inside, the only light visible from the tv and internet cables. I'm guessing Jennifer had gone to sleep. I turn back towards Jesse, his breath visible, a slight shiver radiating off his body, the giant panda smushed against him. I send him a smile, glancing back inside the house and the obvious state of the weather. I couldn't send him walking back to his place in the cold, even if he happened to holler a taxi, the trip was still at a distance.

"Everything okay?" He inquires, his teeth almost chattering.

"Do you wanna come inside?" I ask suddenly, pointing behind my shoulder with my thumb, keyring twirling in my other hand.

"Um..." I could tell he was hesitant since he had never stepped foot inside my place, something about being respectful or whatever. It was weird for the fact that I had been inside his place twice and he never came inside of mine. "Are you sure?"

"You don't have to, I just...I couldn't send you back in the cold." I stammer, fumbling with my keyring. "It's not as if I haven't been to yours." I glance back up at Jesse, taking in the smirk that had formed over his lips at my words.

"The second time more memorable than the first," He comments, bringing me back to that passionate night. God, there wasn't a thing I wouldn't give to experience his body again. I had to remind myself that we were taking it slow, no matter how bad I wanted him again. "But, don't worry, sweetheart," Jesse steps over the doorstep as I let him through, darkness taking over us as I shut the door behind him, twisting the few locks. "That's not gonna happen, not tonight."

I can see his silhouette from the light glow, my hands wrapping around the panda, taking it from his grasp. I needed to create a barrier between us before I reacted without thought. "Uhm..." I clear my throat, backtracking my steps, feeling around the wall to flicker on the light. "Do...do you want some coffee?" I change the subject, his face brightening in my view.

"It's pretty late, sweetheart," Jesse takes a step forward, taking his hand out of his coat to look at his watch. "And we've got work in the morning, I have an early meeting and-"

"What if..." I pipe up, cutting him short-his steel blues meeting mine in the dim light of the dining room. "What if I wanted you to stay?" I prop the stuffed panda against the wall, peeling off my gloves to place them on the counter behind me, my eyes never leaving his.

"Then..." He trails, his shoes tapping lightly against my floors as he saunters over, edging closer but, still keeping a comfortable distance. "I'll stay, but I'm not going to touch you, not until you want me to, okay?"

"I want you to touch me." I blurt out, my eyes rounding once I realize what I had just said.

Well...shit.