046

PSA: I may have gotten a "Tad" bit carried away with this chapter but, I hope you enjoy!

"Can I confess something to you?"

Jesse says softly, his voice echoing in the quiet of his room. I nod slowly, listening to his heartbeat whilst laying on his chest. I trace over the lines of a tattoo, leaning over to place a kiss where my finger trailed. His breathing had started to labor, his heartbeat picking up the pace.

"When we were leaving your e...exes wedding," He pants, my lips treading closer to his clavicle. I hum, unaware of where he was going with this. And why the hell was he bringing that up now? "I came back in to get you and...I saw you talking to him."

My head immediately rises, meeting his closed eyes before they flickered open to look at me. "You..." I clear my throat, my brows furrowing in curiosity. "Did you hear us?"

He nods, tucking his fingers underneath my chin, his thumb holding it in place. "I heard you."

It all began to sink in. Everything I said to Jacob, Jesse heard- down to when I confessed my feelings for him. That explained Jacob's divided attention. I inhale deeply, my tongue darting out to moisten my lips. "How much of it did you hear?"

Jesse doesn't respond right away, his eyes boring deeply into mine. It almost scared me, I never had anyone look at me the way he did. Was this what love was supposed to feel like? Was this what I had been missing with Jacob all those years ago? Is this what my dad meant when he said that I'll know what real love is once it stares directly at me? I couldn't possibly know but, I knew that I loved Jesse, and there weren't many words to express how much I did.

"I love you in ways I have never loved anyone else." He finally answers, my eyes widening as his words reach my ears. I couldn't believe that after all this time, Jesse heard everything I said that day.

"You heard that, huh?" I cringe, drawing in my bottom lip-Jesse's hand still underneath my chin. "I'm surprised that didn't make you want to run."

"Are you kidding?" He scoffs, scooting back to sit up against the headboard-I follow after, leaning my temple on the tufted fabric; his head turns to look at me. "It took everything in me to keep my composure. I was right there with you, sweetheart." Jesse grazes my cheek with his thumb, his eyes glimmering in the dark of his room-city lights illuminating both of us.

"Why didn't you ever say anything?" I mumble, placing my hand over his-holding it against my cheek. "I mean, I'm surprised you didn't punch Jacob for telling me he still held a torch for me."

"I'm still considering it," He jokes, earning a lopsided grin from me. "I don't know," He shrugs, dropping his hand as he faces forward. "I didn't want to freak you out. You're the first woman I've been with for quite some time. I didn't want to screw it up with a bombshell like that."

"And what makes tonight any different?" I said, staring at the profile of his face; watching, as he took in a deep breath before meeting my gaze.

"I wasn't completely sure until that night at my parent's house," Jesse starts as I push off the headboard. "I knew that I was in love with you then, and I'm in love with you now."

I don't give him chance to say another word-planting my lips onto his. Jesse leans into me, reaching for my face to hold it in his palms-sinking further into the kiss, his tongue swiping across my bottom lip to gain access into my mouth.

I swing my knee over his thighs, settling myself on his lap, and his arms wrap around my back. Our skin-to-skin contact makes the room seem warmer-our bodies hot for each other once again. I pant, breaking the kiss from the hardness between my thighs.