Sadly I'm In Love With You (Chris Evans Fan-Fic)

Prologue:

It was October 30, 2013.

My name is Natalie Holt, and as a sports analyst for The Boston Globe, I was required to watch and write an article on the World Series game featuring the Boston Red Sox and the St. Louis Cardinals. Usually I prefer to report on college sports, but since the pay check was bigger for this event, I decided to take the job.

Sadly, the only Red Sox apparel I owned was very old and I hadn't worn it since high school, so I had to go to the local mall, and buy a post-season sweatshirt. After buying the sweatshirt, I returned home and got myself ready for the game. I showered, dried my long blonde hair and curled it, and put on a thin layer of make-up.

I desperately hoped we would win, our home town desperately needed something to make us proud after the whole Boston Marathon bombing. Plus, the Red Sox hadn't won a World Series at home since 1918. And just to make matters better, I would like to report about something tremendous not something tragic.

I wasn't always a sports analyst, but after attending college at Harvard, I found myself missing my home town of Boston and it's sports. So, when I graduated from Harvard, I immediately returned to Boston, and got a job as a sports analyst for The Boston Globe.

Soon, I was ready to leave my apartment. I trudged down my stairs into my garage, I hopped into my white Infiniti Q60 Coupe, turned on the radio, and as usual since the Red Sox were playing the radio station was playing "I'm Shipping Up to Boston" by the Dropkick Murphys. Over the years I had grown fond of this song, and I was kind of embarrassed of the fact that I actually liked it, since when the song first came out, I hated it with everything in me. I soon opened the garage door, gently put my car into reverse, and slowly backed out of my garage.

Soon enough, I had made it to Fenway Park, home of the Boston Red Sox. I took a parking spot in the press area. I then turned the car off, and proceeded to get out. Soon enough, I was at the gates, I gave the woman my ticket, she checked it, and I smiled as she gently handed it back.

I proceeded to find my seat. Sadly, I hadn't visited Fenway since I was 16, so I had no idea where to go. I was just standing there contemplating on what I should do when a guy slammed into me. I started to lose my balance, but he extended his arms grabbing a hold of my shoulders, and he gently steadied me. "I'm so sorry." The man said looking at me with a frown.

"It's no big deal really, I shouldn't have been standing in the middle of the aisle." I said with a small, embarassed smile.

"No, it's my fault, I wasn't watching where I was going." He replied, with a sullen look upon his face.

"Don't worry about it, I was just trying to find my seat." I said with a small blush tinting my cheeks.

"The least I can do is help you, I'm Chris by the way." He stated with a genuine smile.

"Thanks, that would be nice, I'm Natalie." I said, returning the smile.

"Nice to meet you, Natalie. Now, if only we could find your seat, what seat do you have?" He replied, and then asked.

I then handed him my ticket, he skimmed over it thoughtfully, and then handed it back. "Looks like you're in section 1, seat 1-A, meaning you are in the front row by the Red Sox dug out, and the bonus is you have the seat right next to mine." Chris said with a excited smile, I had just met the dude, yet he found it exciting to sit beside me.

"You are an absolute lifesaver, thank you so much." I said giving him a genuine smile.

"It was no problem just helping out a pretty damsel in distress." Chris said with a smirk.

"Before we move on, do I know you, you seem familiar?" I asked clearly dumbfounded, and confused.

"You probably should, I'm Chris Evans, I play Captain America." Chris said replying to my stupid question.

"In that case, I do know you." I stated with a small blush forming on my cheeks.

"Good to know, for a minute there I thought you may have lived under a rock." He said with a laugh and a small smile. "We better get to our seats before more people start coming in." He added with a serious tone to his voice.

"Okay, let's go." I replied.

Chris trudged down the stadium stairs leading the way to our seats, and I followed with haste trying to keep up with his long stride. We had finally arrived at our seats, and now I felt kind of exhausted, who knew walking down stadium stairs could be so tiring. I took my seat, and watched as the players filed out of the dug out, to go warm up. Suddenly, I thought I saw a familiar face. So, I decided to see if my instincts were correct. "Hey, Pedey!" I yelled with a smile on my face.

Sure enough the player turned around, and looked frantically across the faces, to see where the outburst had come from. I smiled and waved to my brother's long time best friend. After he saw me, he held up a finger signaling it would be just a second, to his warm up partner. Dustin then ran over to us and pulled me into a tight hug. "I haven't seen you in years, Natalie." Dustin said with a small grin.

"I know, I've missed you." I said with a sad smile.

Soon enough he had to go finish warming up, so our coversation had to end. "I didn't know you knew Dustin Pedroia?" Chris said with a confused smile.

"Yeah, he has been my brother's best friend since they were in pre-k." I replied with a smile.

"Good to know." Chris added.

Soon enough the game started. Everything was going so smooth, and there was no doubt, that these Red Sox were going to win.

The score was 6-1, and Boston was sweeping the St. Louis Cardinals. It was the final inning, and the Cardinals were down to their last out. The Cardinals player struck out, and the crowd went wild. Chris and I jumped up from our seats, and screamed our heads off. Chris turned to face me, and pulled me into a bear hug.

The excitement in Fenway Park in that moment could not be contained. Everybody just couldn't believe what the Red Sox had done, not only had they broken the 98 year curse, but they had also made their town proud after the tragedy of the Boston Marathon bombings.

But, soon enough the fun was over, and everyone was leaving. "I had a great time tonight." Chris said with another genuine smile.

"I did too." I said as I returned the smile.

"You know, we should hang out sometime." He said with a glimmer of hope in his eyes. "Here, let me give you my number." He added.

"Okay, you can have mine too." I said, while we exchanged phones.

We made our contacts, and sadly said our goodbyes.

But, it wouldn't be the last time we would see each other.