Chapter 14

Natalie's P.O.V

I awoke with a jolt, the plane had finally landed in Boston. After exiting the plane, Chris and I collected our bags from the baggage claim, and made our way through the airport towards the parking lot. Finally we reached the entrance of the airport, and briskly made our way outside into the chilly morning air of Boston during the winter. After walking across the parking lot, we soon came across the car, and got inside. Chris quickly turned on the heat and the radio, and backed out of the parking space we were in. After driving through a few streets, we finally made it back to Chris's apartment. 

As soon as we entered the apartment, Chris immediately went to his bedroom and laid down. While Chris slept, I unpacked his bags from the trip, and once again, tried calling Hannah. The phone had rung 3 times, when she finally picked up the phone. "Hello?" She asked on the other end of the phone, clearly groggy. 

"I'm so sorry, Hannah. I thought you would be awake, so I was just calling to see if you would care to go get coffee with me this morning?" I stated more as a question.

"Yeah, I'll go, just give me 15 minutes to get ready." Hannah replied.

"Alrighty then, I will pick you up in 15 minutes." I stated in reply to her statement.

"Gotcha, See you." Hannah said, as I hung up the phone.

Since I had worn the clothes I had on during the flight, I quickly changed into a clean outfit. Once I was finished changing clothes, I gave Chris a kiss on the forehead, and wrote him a quick note to tell him where I was. I then grabbed the keys to Chris's car, and made my way to Hannah's apartment. I hit the horn, and sure enough, Hannah came running out of the apartment doors. Hannah is probably my best friend, not to mention the prettiest. Hannah has long blonde curly hair, and sparkling bluish green eyes with a hint of gray here and there, and she has the best personality, she is bubbly, but then again she can be very powerful. Hannah is like the sister I never had. 

As she jumped into the car, she started to ramble on and on. "Oh my gosh, you have no idea how happy I am now that you are back." Hannah stated as she gave me a smile.

"I'm glad to be back, California is great and all, but Boston is where it is at." I replied, whilst leaving the apartment's parking lot, and pulling onto the busy morning street.

"Amen, sister." Hannah said with a laugh.

Soon enough, we pulled over and parked on the street in front of the Thinking Cup, our favorite place to get coffee in Boston. You'll forget all about Starbucks, when you have the Thinking Cup's coffee. I love it, and it is hard for me to drink coffee from any other place. "So," Hannah started. "Why did you want to talk so bad?" She asked with a confused look upon her face.

"It's a long story, so I'll tell you after we order our coffee." I replied with a smile.

We ordered the coffee, and made our way over to our usual table. Quickly, Hannah started asking questions. "So, what's the long story?" Hannah asked with an excited tone to her voice.

"The long story short is, Chris proposed and I said yes." I replied with a smile.

"You're kidding?" Hannah asked with a surprised look on her face.

"Nope, not at all....." I said trailing off. "Plus you're going to be a Godmother." I added with a smile.

"Now, that's really a lie?" Hannah stated more as a question.

"Nope, that's true too." I replied with a laugh.

"Oh my gosh!" Hannah said while jumping up out her seat. "I can't believe it, you're actually pregnant." She added with an excited tone to her voice, whilst giving me a bear hug.

"Don't squeeze to tight." I said with a laugh. 

"Oh, I'm sorry." She said with a half smile.

"It's okay." I said with a reassuring tone.

Once Hannah and I were finished with our coffee, I quickly drove her home, and then made my way back across town to Chris's apartment. When I entered, I was immediately surprised to see Chris sitting on the couch watching T.V.  "Whatcha Watching?" I asked, as I plopped down on the couch. 

"Sports Center, just admiring the spring training talk." Chris said with a smile. "They actually just brought up Brock a few minutes ago." Chris added whilst giving me a smile."

"Speaking of Brock, we have a double date tonight." I said grinning at Chris.

"Double date?" Chris asked. "I haven't had one of those since high school." He then added.

"I know right, but Brock really likes this girl he met and he wants us to meet her." I replied with a genuine smile.

"Well in that case, I feel honored." Chris said with a laugh.

"Sure you do..." I said trailing off.

Soon enough it was time for our double date, we were meeting Brock and Lauren at Hard Rock Cafe, which by all means was fine by me. After a quick drive across town, we finally pulled up in front of the restaurant. I jumped out the car as soon as I spotted Brock, and rushed to give him a hug. "Nat, I missed you, Sis." Brock said as he returned the tight hug I was giving him.

"I missed you too, Brocky." I said with a genuine smile, I looked behind Brock and standing there was a beautiful blonde girl, with striking emerald eyes, and a bright smile. "And, you must be Lauren?" I added more as a question.

"That would be me, and you're Natalie, Brock's sister." Lauren replied with a smile.

"It's so nice to finally meet you, Brock has told me so much about you." I said returning the smile she was giving me.

"It's nice to meet you too, no wonder you are Brock's favorite sibling." Lauren replied with a laugh.

Soon enough Chris joined us. "Let's eat!" Chris said with a smile.