Chapter 2

• Dedicated to Once Again, My Lovely Readers

Natalie's POV

The next morning, I felt so revitalized. After I woke up, I got out of bed, and went downstairs. I decided to make a small pot of coffee. After having a cup, I made my way upstairs, and took a quick shower. I stepped out after I was finished, and wrapped a warm, thick towel around me. I then made my way over to my closet, where I picked out a presentable outfit. After I had slipped my clothes on, I made my way back to the bathroom, where I then dried and curled my hair, and put on a small amount of makeup.

As I took a look at the digital alarm clock on my bed side table, I was stunned to see that I was running late. I collected my purse, making sure to put my phone inside, and quickly ran down the stairs. I unlocked my car, and hopped in, turning on the radio, as I pulled out of the apartment complex parking area. 

I cursed under my breath, as I then faced the facts that I wouldn't be able to make it through the morning rush hour traffic, to get to work by 9. Hearing my phone buzz, I unzipped my purse, and gently took my phone out to see a text from Chris. I smiled to myself as I silently read the message.

Chris: Had a great time last night! When can I see you again?

I replied, with a small smile.

Natalie: Soon.

I laughed slightly at the reply I received.

Chris: What do you mean soon?

I smirked, as I replied.

Natalie: I mean I can't talk right now, I'm running late for work. Could you call me later?

As I read the reply, I kind of felt guilty, I shouldn't have said that.

Chris: I'll call you around 10, I hate that I bothered you, though.

Natalie: Can't wait to talk to you, and you really weren't a bother.

I giggled at the thought that Chris thought of himself as a bother. I liked Chris and talking to him was not a bother at all. Sadly, I wish now that I wouldn't have stopped texting him, because my day was kinda uneventful without him in it. I know it may seem like a little self pity when I say this but, my life really isn't that good. My parents hardly ever talk to me, my brothers ignore me, and even my dog doesn't choose to socialize with me. And to be honest, Chris was the only bright spot in my dreary day.

My thoughts of self pity quit, when I finally pulled into the parking lot of The Boston Globe. It was now 9:05, so I was 5 minutes late. Good thing we had a policy where the employ could have a 10 minute time extension because of the traffic. Without the time extension, I would have been screwed.

As I walked through the lobby doors, I greeted Charlotte, with a smile, and a kind hello. By 9:10, I had clocked in, and had sat down at my desk. Suddenly, my best friend Lacey walked up to my desk and laid a  gossip magazine down. I looked at the magazine with pure confusion, on the front was a picture of Chris, and the caption was, Has Chris Evans Found a New Lady Friend? A frown crossed my face, and as much as I hate gossip magazines, I had to take a look at this article.