Chapter 23

Natalie's P.O.V

Three Days Later

It's been three days since we arrived in Hyannis Port, and it has been the most calming getaway I have had in years. But, the fun has to end because tomorrow I have to drive back to Boston for my premiere dress fitting. I haven't talked to Chris in 2 days, and he hasn't even attempted to call, which is wierd for him, usually he calls everyday when we are away from each other.

I decided to take matters into my own hands, so I attempted to call Chris. The phone rung multiple times before finally going to voice mail. I decided to let it go, and call him back later. 

Around 8, I got a call, at first I thought it was Chris, but instead it was Hannah. I answered the phone, "Hey?" I stated with a questioning undertone, wherever Hannah was it was super loud, and I could hardly hear her when she replied.

"I'm at the Royale...." Hannah started, but I cut her off before she could say anything else.

"What are you doing at the Royale?" I asked cutting Hannah off.

"The better question is why is Chris here with Minka Kelly?" Hannah asked, and in that moment my heart sank. 

"W-What are you talking about?" I asked stuttering a bit.

"Well, it appears that Chris is having a drink with Minka Kelly at the Royale, and they seem to be enjoying each other's company." Hannah said with a sad like tone to her voice.

"I gotta go..." I said as I hung up the phone abruptly. 

I walked through the large house, and decided to take a breather on the screened in porch. Once I sat down, I noticed that my grandmother was sitting in a rocking chair reading a book, she looked at me with a questioning facial expression, "Honey, you look upset is something bothering you?" My grandmother asked with a concerned smile.

"Actually, my best friend just saw my fiance out with his ex-girlfriend." I answered softly, a tear escaping from my eye.

"Sweetie, it could be just a misunderstanding, is he the cheating type?" She asked with a genuinely caring tone to her voice.

"I wouldn't think so, but I can't be sure." I replied answering her question.

"Here is a suggestion, call off the engagement." My grandmother stated bluntly.

"I can't, Grandma." I replied with a sad tone to my voice, "I'm pregnant." I then added.

"The only way you can know in that case, is go and find him." She replied to my statements.

"Thanks Grandma." I said, and got up and left the porch, rushing to get my suitcase from the room of was staying in upstairs. As I left the house, I didn't bother telling anyone where I was going. 

I got on the road back to Boston quickly, and an hour and a half later, I was back in the Boston traffic. I quickly called Hannah, praying that she answer. Sure enough, after 3 rings, Hannah picked up the phone. "Hello?" She asked.

"Hannah, it's Natalie, are you still at Royale?" I asked quickly.

"Yeah, why?" She asked in reply.

"Is Chris still there?" I asked, secretly hoping he was.

"Yeah, but he is still with Minka." Hannah replied with a serious tone.

"Good, I'll be there soon." I said and quickly hung up, turning down the street where the Royale was. I quickly parked the Range Rover, and turned it off, getting out. I bribed the guards, and I was soon walking aimlessly throughout the club. Not to long after I entered the club, I noticed Chris and Minka sitting at the bar. I made my way over to them and discreatly sat down beside of her hiding myself from Chris's view. Now they were getting ready to order another round of drinks, "I'll have a Heineken." Chris stated with a smile, and then he looked at Minka.

"I'll just have a coke." She said whilst giving Chris a smile.

"I'll have what she's having." I stated above the music, so both of them would hear me. 

Chris looked at me with wide eyes, and then looked down ashamed. "That's two strikes, wanna try for a third?" I asked with a sarcastic tone to my voice, whilst getting up and leaving the bar and club alltogether. I could hear Chris yelling for me, but I chose to ignore him, and made my way outside to the Range Rover. I quickly pulled onto the street leaving Chris in my rear view. 

I soon arrived at my apartment, I opened the door, laid my keys and purse on the foyer table, and made my way up the stairs with my suitcase. I was half way through unpacking my suitcase, when there was a loud sudden knock on the door downstairs. I made my way down the stairs, and once I got to the door, looked through the peep hole to see who it was. I wasn't surprised to see Chris standing there with his hands in his pockets. I opened the door with a sigh, "What do you want?" I asked with an angry tone to my voice. 

"I wanna talk." Chris replied with a serious look in his eyes.

"Couldn't Minka talk to you?" I asked with a harsh tone to my voice, "You seemed to be having a lot of fun, drinking it up and living life." I added.

"I wanted to talk to you damn it." Chris said shortly, with fury in his eyes. 

"Come in then..." I said trailing off.

We made our way into my living room, where we sat down on separate couches. "So what do you feel the need to talk about?" I asked, "The fact that you went on a date with Minka." I added cunningly.

"We went for drinks because she was in town, besides I love you, and you're carrying my children for fuck's sake." Chris replied with a serious look in his eyes. 

"You can't just say I love you, and expect me to forget about this just like that." I said with anger etched in my voice.

"I don't expect you too." Chris said with a frown, "I made a mistake, I should have never taken her out." He then added.

"I'd rather not talk about it any more tonight. " I said as I got up and  made my way upstairs. I changed into my pajamas and quickly got into bed, not even bothering with my nightly routine, besides my night had been ruined.