Chapter 8

Natalie's P.O.V

About Ten Seconds Later

I was completely speechless, I had no idea what I was going to say to him. I contemplated for a few more seconds, and finally I thought of all the happy times we had experienced together over the span of 4 months, and I knew exactly what I was going to say to him.

"Chris," I said as I looked down at him, into his eyes, and when I looked into his eyes I saw expectations and vulnerability. "The answer is yes, I want to marry you." I added as I jumped into his waiting arms.

"Thank god, I love you so much, and there for a minute, I thought you weren't going to say anything at all." Chris replied with a relieved look on his face.

"Honestly, how could I say no to you?" I asked with a wide, genuine smile on my face.

"I don't know, I couldn't say no to this hot face." Chris stated cockily.

"You're so cocky, but that just makes me love you even more!" I said with a grin.

"I'm sure it does." He replied with a smirk.

"I'm really tired, so I think I'll change into my pajamas and get in bed." I stated with a smirk, because by the looks of it, I could tell he wanted something more.

"Are you sure?" Chris asked with a teasing tone.

"Yeah, I'm positive." I said with a small giggle, and a smirk.

"I ask once more, are you sure?" He asked, whilst walking towards me.

"Well, I could change my mind?" I replied more as a question than a statement.

"I could make you change your mind?" Chris replied with a questioning tone.

"Show me what you've got." I stated in my best seductive tone.

With that statement Chris pounced, he caught me completely off guard. But, the next thing I knew, I was returning the passionate kiss he was giving me. The kiss was one of those that quickly takes your breath away, it was passionate, loving, and caring all in one, it was probably the best kiss I had ever experienced.

The kiss left us both breathless, and Chris gently place small feather kisses down my neck. Just as I was about to reconnect our lips, Chris brought his lips up to my ear and teasingly whispered. "We will have to finish this is California."

"How did I not know that was coming?" I asked nonchalantly. "You're such a tease!" I added.

"Karma is a bitch, you shouldn't have left me all hot and bothered earlier." Chris stated with a smirk.

"It was a good thing we did, or we would have ended up having sex in your parent's living room." I said seriously, but couldn't keep myself from laughing.

"It wasn't a good thing." Chris said, whining like a child while crossing his arms.

"Whatever you say." I replied with a small smile. I then quickly collected my clothes and toothbrush from the chair, and made my way to Chris's adjoining bathroom. I changed into my tank top and pajama pants, and as fast as I could brushed my teeth. When I was finished I made my way over to Chris's bed, where I got into bed beside him. "I love you, Chris." I stated with a genuine smile as I have him a kiss on the cheek. "And, I can't wait until I'm your wife." I added.

"I love you too, and I can't wait to be your husband." Chris said with a smile.

After he replied, I soon drifted off to sleep, slightly dreading the next day.

The Following Day

When Chris and I woke up it was around 11:30 the next morning, leaving neither one of us a lot of time to pack. After quickly getting dressed, and helping Chris pack his suitcase, we made our way to Chris's car. Once inside the car, Chris drove quickly through the busy Boston streets.

By the time we made it to my apartment it was 1:30, I quickly packed my suitcase, but as I was going to get my carry on bag, I remembered that Brock had borrowed it for a trip to Florida. I ran down the stairs and called Brock. "Hey, Brock do you still have my carry on bag?" I asked, hoping that he hadn't given it back, and I hadn't lost it.

"Yeah, why?" Brock asked, as inquisitive as ever.

"I need it, I'm leaving for California in an hour. Is there any way you can bring it by my apartment?" I asked desperately hoping he would.

"Yeah I can bring it over, I'll be there in 10 minutes." He replied.

"Okay, love you Brock!" I stated.

"Love you too, sis." Brock replied with a laugh.

Soon enough my doorbell rang, and ran down the stairs to open the door. I opened the door, and there stood Brock with my carry on bag. "You are a lifesaver, don't you know that?" I said as I smiled happily at him.

"Oh I know, you don't have to tell me." Brock replied with a smirk. "When were you going to tell me you were going to California?" He then asked.

"I don't know, it was a spur of the moment thing." I stated with a laugh.

"Sure, how long have you known you were going?" He asked.

"About 4 days." I replied with a giggle.

I was so glad that Brock hadn't noticed the huge rock on my finger yet, but just as I was letting the relief set in he started to speak. "Nat, what's that on your finger?" Brock asked, with a frown.

"Brock, I don't want you to tell anyone yet, but Chris proposed last night, and I said yes." I replied with a happy smile.

"Wow, I can't believe it." Brock said somewhat speechless. "Are you sure about this?" He then asked.

"I'm as sure as I will ever be." I said with a smile.

"Well, in that case, I'm proud of you." Brock said returning my smile.

"I better get to packing, I'll see you soon, Brock." I said as I gave him a tight bear hug.

"Be careful, Nat." Brock said with a smile. "I love you, Sis."

"I love you too, Bub." I said, and then he walked to his car, got inside, and drove off blowing the horn as he went.

Soon enough I was all packed and ready to go. Chris and I put the luggage into his car, and we drove towards Logan International Airport.

After we had waited about 20 minutes, our flight number was called, and we made our way to the boarding area.

"If anything happens on this flight, just know that I love you." Chris stated with a genuine smile.

"I love you too." I said.

We boarded the plane, and about 15 minutes later we took off.

A/N

Thank you guys for such great comments, and for so many reads and votes on the chapters. I'll be updating very soon, and I would love to know what you thought of the chapter.

Once again thanks!

-XOXO, Nicole.