Chapter 5

Natalie's POV

As soon as my Mother told us dinner was ready, we all made our way to the family dining room. Once we arrived at the table, we all took our seats. While we waited in our seats my Mother's maid Margaret,  served us the appetizer, which was a nice salad. I knew as soon as the appetizer was served, the conversation would begin. Like always, my Mother started her inquisition. "So Chris, what do you do for a living?" My Mother asked with fake sweet tone.

"I'm an actor." Chris replied to my Mother's question with ease.

"Oh, do you act in movies or on television shows?" My Mother stated, once again asking another question.

"I act in movies, I've been in Captain America, The Fantastic Four, and What's Your Number." Chris replied, clearly once again with ease.

"I knew I had seen you somewhere." Brock blurted out.

I watched my Mother as she frowned, leaned over towards Layne, and whispered into his ear. She covered her mouth so no one could see what she was whispering about, but I knew as soon as Layne locked eyes with me and nodded his head, she was talking about me. Layne may hate me, but he always did the same thing when she was talking about me, he would always look at me and nod his head. 

Just as Margaret came out with the main dish, I quickly got up, and abruptly pushed my chair in. I then left the dining room, and made my way up the stairs towards my old room. About two minutes later, there was a soft knock on my door. "Come in." I croaked through my tears.

Brock opened the door, with Chris standing behind him. "He wanted to know where you would be, and my best bet was here so...." Brock said trailing of, before he added. "I'll leave you guys to it."

"Thanks for coming, but I hate that you've seen me like this." I said, a tear or two falling down my cheek.

"Does this happen a lot?" Chris asked seriously as he wiped a stray tear from my cheek.

"Every single time I come here." I replied with a frown.

"Maybe you should meet my family?" He stated more as a question.

"Really, you want me to meet your family?" I asked, dumbfounded.

"I'd love for you to meet my family." Chris replied, whilst pulling me close to him, and planting a kiss on my temple.

"I have the answer for your question." I stated, while smiling at him.

"What question?" Chris asked.

"The one about me going with you while you film Captain America." I replied to his question.

"What's your answer?" Chris asked, as he secretly crossed his fingers, he had no idea I saw the gesture, but it made my heart flutter.