Chapter 17

Natalie's P.O.V

Today is the day we leave for Cleveland, I am so nervous not only because I am getting on a flight, but also because I now have to be very cautious and thoughtful about what I do and don't do, because I am carrying twins. Whoever said being pregnant was a breeze, was seriously lying because all I do now is worry and constantly think about all the outcomes that could come from my actions.

As I was packing my last suitcase, Chris walked into the bedroom. "We're leaving in 20 minutes." Chris said with a laugh.

"I know, but I've been having second thoughts." I replied with a weak smile.

"Second thoughts?" Chris asked with a frown. "Don't tell me you've decided not to go?" Chris then added.

"I was just thinking about getting on a plane again, anything could happen, and now I am responsible for not only my life but two unborn lives." I replied with worry written on my face.

"Everything will be fine, trust me." Chris stated with a reassuring tone to his voice, as he cupped the side of my face with his hand. "Besides, I was really looking forward to taking you to the hall of fame." He added with a child-like smile.

"Hall of fame?" I asked clearly confused, I had no idea there was some type of hall of fame in Cleveland.

"Yeah, the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame." Chris replied.

"Oh." I stated with a laugh.

Once I was finished with packing the bag, I started the lug the bags downstairs to the foyer. I was on the third step when a yell startled me. "Nat, what are you doing?" Chris yelled up the stairs at me.

"What does it look like?" I questioned with a sarcastic tone. "I'm carrying my bags downstairs." I added.

"No, you're not." Chris replied with a frown.

"Chris, I am totally capable of taking my bags down the stairs." I said with a stern tone to my voice.

"You probably are, but I am going to do it for you." He replied, whilst giving me a quick kiss on the cheek, and taking the suitcases out of my hands.

"You never take no for an answer, do you?" I said with a laugh.

"Nope, not when it comes to you." Chris replied with a grin.

I returned the grin without a reply to Chris's statement, and made my way down the stairs behind him. Once I had made it downstairs, I briskly made my way to the kitchen and got a coke out of the refrigerator. Just as I was about to pop the can open, a voice questioned behind me. "What are you doing?" Chris asked with a stern voice.

"I'm having something to drink..." I replied but was cut off by Chris.

"Didn't the doctor tell you that if you drank a soda, that it needed to be caffeine free?" Chris asked rhetorically.