Chapter 22

Natalie's P.O.V

"You're kidding, Ethel Kennedy? As in Robert Kennedy's wife?" Chris asked questioningly.

"Yes, my late grandfather is Robert Kennedy." I replied.

"Wow, I'm kind of speechless." Chris said with a small laugh.

"It's okay if you are, I should have told you." I said with a frown occupying my face, I should've told Chris when we visited the memorials but I didn't.

"I just don't understand why you didn't tell me?" Chris stated with a questioning tone.

"I didn't think you needed to know at the time." I said with a serious tone to my voice.

"That just makes me question everything else you haven't told me." Chris replied to my statement with a frown of his own.

"I didn't exactly lie, Chris." I said with a blank facial, clearly surprised that Chris was mad at me for not telling him, "You don't have to worry about going though, I'll go by myself." I added, ending the conversation. I quickly made my way upstairs, and collected my suitcase from the closet. I picked multiple outfits out, and loaded them into the suitcase, before calling my mother. The phone rung multiple times, before she finally answered the phone.

"Hello?" My mother stated with a questioning tone.

"Mom, I'll be coming to pick you up in about an hour and a half." I replied not even bothering to say hello. 

"Natalie you sound upset, are you alright?" My mother questioned.

"I'm fine, I'll see you soon." I replied, quickly hanging up the phone. 

After getting off the phone, I rushed into my bathroom and collected my cosmetics and hair products. Once I had collected those, I threw a couple pair of shoes into my suitcase, and zipped it. I soon made my way downstairs, walking straight by Chris in the living room, in the process collecting my white Michael Kors purse, and the keys to the Range Rover.  "You should go back to your apartment." I stated as I slammed the door, and made my way out onto the street. I unlocked the doors to the Range Rover, quickly put my suitcase in the trunk, and got in, starting the car. 

After turning the XM station to Classic Vinyl, I pulled out onto the street. I turned on to the right streets and soon enough, I was on the road to Cape Cod to pick up my parents. I used the car phone to call Layne, and surprisingly he picked up the phone quite quickly. "Hey, Natalie." He stated through the phone.

"Hey, are you coming to Hyannis Port?" I asked.

"Of course, Mom said Grandma wanted us all there." Layne replied with a serious tone, "What about you?" He then added.

"Yeah, but it's just me, Chris and I got into a fight and I left without him." I said, waiting for a reply.

"Oh I see, well I will see you there." Layne stated, "Bye." He then added.

"See ya." I replied before hanging up.