Chapter 9

Natalie's P.O.V

As soon as we boarded the flight, and sat down in our seats, I must have fell asleep. Because, the next thing I knew Chris was gently nudging me, probably trying to get me to wake up. I woke up slowly, to find Chris sitting there with a smile on his face. "We are getting ready to land, you didn't wake up when I nudged you, so I buckled your seat belt for you." Chris stated as he gave me a quick kiss on the forehead.

"Thanks, I can't believe that I fell asleep, I never do that." I replied, returning his smile.

"I guess you were just tired from all the packing we did." Chris said.

"Yeah, we must be." I stated with a smirk.

Just when Chris was about to say something, the flight attendant came on the intercom, and made an announcement. "Attention Delta Air Lines flight 830, we will soon be landing in Los Angeles, please as a safety precaution buckle your seat belts, and wait patiently in your seats until we land, thank you." The flight attendant said with a cheery voice.

Soon enough, with a slight bump, we had landed. The seat belt light had just went off, and Chris and I were collecting our carry-on bags.

Once we collected all of our belongings off the plane, Chris grabbed my hand and we quickly exited the plane towards the baggage claim. As we were making our way through the airport after we had picked up our luggage, a little boy no older than five years old came running towards Chris, smashing  into him. "Hey....." Chris stated trailing off, as he squatted to be the boys height.

"A-Aren't y-you Captain America?" The little boy asked stuttering, clearly excited to see Chris.

"As a matter of fact, I am." Chris replied with the most genuine smile.

As Chris and the little boy continued there conversation, a lady not much older than me walked up, and stood beside me. I look at her and smiled, extending my hand for her to shake. The woman took my hand and shook it, whilst I introduced myself, with a smile. "I'm Natalie Holt, Chris's fiance." 

"I'm Jackie, Jace's mother." She replied very small smile.

"It's so nice to meet you." I stated, while watching Chris talk to the little boy named Jace.

"Likewise, Jace and I have to be going soon though, we have to pick his father up." Jackie said with a  slight frown.

"Oh, I'm sorry you are in such a hurry." I said with genuine thoughtfulness.

"It's not your fault." She said shortly, as she walked towards Jace, grabbed his little hand and walked away.

"What was her problem?" Chris asked clearly confused by her actions, as he walked over to me.

"I have no idea, she was really short with me, and I did nothing to her." I said with a slight frown.

"People are weird." Chris said with a laugh.