Chapter 16

Natalie's P.O.V

Soon enough, Chris and I pulled into the parking lot of the Doctor's office. Suddenly, a fear came over me, my hands got all clammy, and I was literally shaking. Chris grabbed my hand in a reassuring way, and almost instantly my nerves were calming down. It's funny how someone's touch can make you feel so completely calm, I was literally on the brink of a panic attack, but when Chris's hand clasped mine, I was calmed.

We walked hand in hand across the parking lot, and briskly walked into the not too crowded Doctor's office. I quickly checked in, and then went and sat down beside Chris, who was already reading a magazine. "You don't waste time." I said with a laugh.

"Not at all." Chris replied with a smirk.

Finally, a older looking lady wearing a pair of scrubs, called my name. "Natalie Holt?"

I didn't reply, but I quickly got up along with Chris, and followed the lady into a small room. Inside the room, the older lady asked me routine questions, and I answered them all. After 5 minutes of questions, she told me that Dr. Wayland would be in to see me shortly.

Soon enough, a nice looking young lady walked in with a huge smile on her face. "Hello, I'm Doctor Wayland."

"I'm Natalie Holt, and this is my fiancé...." I replied but was cut off by the doctor.

"Chris Evans, my little boy is a huge fan." She said with a laugh.

"No introductions needed, I see." I stated with a laugh.

"Nope, but enough about us, let's figure out what's going on with you." Dr. Wayland said with a smile. "I'm gonna send you down the hall, so they can ultrasound you." She added.

"Okay." I replied, and Dr. Wayland led us down the hallway into a smaller room with an ultrasound machine inside.

"It will be just a minute, and one of my nurses will be in here." She said with a smile.

About 2 minutes later, a young woman walked in with my file, and a smile on her face. Before she sat down in the chair, she shook my hand, and introduced herself. "Hi, I'm Marsha, I'll be your ultrasound tech today!" She said enthusiastically. "The first thing I need you to do is raise you blouse." She added to which I obliged.

Once I had pulled up my shirt, Marsha squeezed a small amount of jelly onto my stomach, and gently pushed down with the tool, until a picture appeared on the screen. "Congratulations, it appears that you are 6 weeks pregnant, Ms. Holt." Marsha stated happily. Reality started to sink in, I was 6 weeks pregnant, which means that I got pregnant when Chris and I had sex in the shower. "Would you like to hear the babies' heartbeat?" Marsha then asked.

"Babies as in plural?" I asked surprised at her statement.

"Yes, it appears that there are two babies." Marsha replied with a confused look upon her face.

"Wow." Chris interjected.

After hearing the sound of two little heart beats, I quickly met back up with Dr. Wayland, who told me to start on prenatal vitamins and make sure to eat food high in folate. Once I was done talking to Dr. Wayland I got another appointment, for a month from now, and Chris and I left the Doctor's office.

Once inside the car, Chris looked at me with a very weird smile. "Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked clearly weirded out by the look of the smile he was giving me.

"I'm ecstatic, that's why..." Chris said with a wide grin. "Not only am I marrying the love of my life, but I am also having twins with her." Chris added.

A/N

Dear Readers,

I'm sorry it's so short, but not to worry, there will be an update between now and Saturday. I would also like to say how happy I am and how appreciative I am of all your votes, comments, and reads on my story, it means so much to me.

Thank you!

-XOXO, Nicole.