Chapter 15

Natalie's P.O.V

Dinner was delicious, and I had the best time catching up with my brother, and meeting his new girlfriend. Even though Lauren was 22 years-old and naive, she was the epitome of a great person, and the only person anywhere near acceptable for my brother, and Brock seemed to be crazy about her.

Whilst we walked to the car, Chris went on and on about how funny I was at dinner, and how the highlight of is night was when Brock and I sung Need You Tonight by INXS at the dinner table.

Flashback to a few minutes ago.......

The song Rock the Night by Europe had just ended, and now coming through the speakers at Hard Rock Cafe was Need You Tonight by INXS, one of my favorite songs. Brock looked at me with excitement in his eyes, whilst he started to sing the first verse quite off key.

"All you got is this moment, the twenty-first century's yesterday, you can care all you want, everybody does yeah that's okay...." Brock sung, in between laughs.

"So slide over here, and give me a moment, your moves are so raw, I've got to let you know, I've got to let you know, you're one of my kind." I sung, picking off where Brock left off.

End of Flashback.

"I can't believe you sung that song out loud for the whole restaurant to hear." Chris said whilst laughing his head off.

"I did it because that is one of my favorite songs." I said as I smiled at Chris.

"I thought you said that you didn't appreciate older music?" Chris asked returning the smile.

"I guess I kinda lied." I replied with a smile.

"You sure did, because you were really rocking out to that song." Chris stated.

"Oh, just shut up already." I said with a laugh.

Once we got to the car, Chris opened the door for me, and I jumped in, rubbing my hands together to bring the warmth back. Finally, Chris got into the car, and quickly starting it, not forgetting to turn on the heat and radio.

Chris quickly drove through the mostly vacant night streets of Boston, whilst I flipped through the radio stations looking for a good song. Soon enough, I found a station that was playing It's My Life by Bon Jovi. The remainder of the ride was uneventful, and Chris and I didn't speak.

Finally, we arrived at the apartment, Chris and I quickly made our way to the door, and after Chris unlocked the door we made our way inside. Once inside, I made my way towards the bedroom to change into my pajamas. I picked out my Victoria's Secret night shirt, and put it on. When I had put the night shirt on, I made my way into the bathroom and brushed my teeth. When I was finished with brushing my teeth, I made my way back downstairs, and into the living room. In the living room, Chris was laying on the couch and watching what looked like a war movie. "What're you watching?" I asked as I sat down on the couch beside of him.

"Just an old 80's war movie, Platoon." Chris replied with a smile.

"Interesting....." I stated trailing off, as I turned my sole attention to the movie.

The movie was great, but by the time it was over, I was absolutely exhausted. Chris turned the T.V off, and we made our way up the stairs to his bedroom. I quickly crawled into bed, whilst Chris changed, and started his nightly routine. Once he was finished, he crawled into bed beside me, turned the bed side lamp off, and slung his arm around me. "I love you, Nat." Chris mumbled, whilst he kissed the top of my head.

"I love you too." I replied smiling to myself.

I slept great, and the next morning when I awoke, I quickly got up and made my way downstairs. Since it was our first day back, I decided to make breakfast and coffee for us. I also decided to call an OBGYN that I had heard my co-workers talking about. I made homemade biscuits and quickly put them in the oven. After I had put the biscuits into the oven, I turned the timer on, and rushed to pick up my cell phone that was charging on the counter. I picked up the phone, and quickly googled the number for Dr. Wayland. Once I had found the right number, I quickly dialed it into the phone and pressed the call button.

After about 2 rings, a perky woman's voice greeted me. "Hello, this is Dr. Wayland's office, this is Elizabeth speaking." The perky woman stated.

"Yes, I need to make an appointment with Dr. Wayland?" I replied more as a question.

"Are you a new patient?" Elizabeth asked.

"Yes." I replied.

"Okay, I'll just need your name, and is there anytime that I could get you an appointment that would work best for you?" She asked in reply.

"My name is Natalie Holt, and if possible I would like to have an appointment as soon as possible, because my fiance is an actor and we have leave for set in 3 days." I replied, grabbing a post-it note to write the information on.

"Well Ms. Holt, we actually just had a cancellation, and we have an opening at noon today?" Elizabeth stated more as a question, asking for my approval.

"Actually, that would be wonderful!" I replied happily.

"Oh great, we will see you at noon!" Elizabeth said enthusiastically.

"See you." I stated, whilst hanging up the phone.

I turned around to see Chris standing in his underwear, whilst giving me a questioning look. I gave him a smile, as I went to get the biscuits out of the oven. Once I had removed the biscuits from the oven, I walked over to the refrigerator, and collected the carton of eggs. "What's got you all excited?" Chris asked as he walked over, and got the frying pan out of the cabinet for me.

"I have a Dr's appointment today." I replied, giving Chris a smile. "Do you want to come?" I added.

"Sure, what time is the appointment?" He asked in reply.

"Noon, we kinda have to hurry." I stated, whilst I looked over at Chris to see his reaction.

"Why are we even making breakfast? You have to be ready in an hour and thirty minutes?" Chris replied with a laugh.

"Now that I think of it, I have no idea." I said with a laugh.

Chris and I dropped breakfast, got cleaned up and dressed, and then left the apartment to go to the Doctor's appointment.