39.

Elijah POV

Such a pretty baby zahrie was. I️ couldn't stop looking at her. All this hype and wait for her arrival. Definitely looks like both of us. But more of Jaelynn. I️ couldn't stop holding her feeling that connection already.

That night was insane

That night was insane. First with Jaelynn beating up Alexis to her water breaking. Once we got to the hospital they rushed her into the room and got her all hooked up to machines and IV. Then the doctor noticed zahrie heartbeat was dropping. He found out that the cord was wrapped around her neck. So they sent Jaelynn for a C-section. And next thing you know she's here. Princess Zahrie is here.

"Baby you had an attitude most of your pregnancy and zahrie came out with a straight attitude on her face" I️ joked.

"No she didn't, she's a pretty baby. Mamas baby" Jaelynn placed a kiss on her cheek.

"She was all worth it. Everything we went through was for her". Just sitting there watching Jaelynn and Zahrie bond. I️ got the family I️ wanted.

"Don't think your off the hook about that party last night" Jaelynn said.

"Can't we just live in the moment of having our baby girl a day after my birthday". The nurse came into the room with paperwork.

"Aww she's so cute! You guys aren't married right?" The nurse asked.

"Nope, why?" Jaelynn said.

"Because I️ just need ID before letting you guys fill out these forms for the birth certificate. Just standard procedure".

Elijah grabbed his wallet out and handed her his ID. She smiled and walked back out to make a copy.

When she came back she gave Elijah back his ID and then I let him fill out the papers while I️ fed zahrie. I️ wasn't over what happened last night. Like he suggested that we talk about what's bothering us. So I️ will be speaking my mind later.

"Now Jaelynn is anything hurting or uncomfortable?" The nurse asked.

"Not really" I️ smiled.

"Good. You know you'll be here for about a week and then you'll be sent home".

I️ nodded "okay". All my focus was on zahrie and how cute she was. Very alert baby too.

//

Jaelynn POV

Finally I'm home. That hospital was getting to me after two days. But I️ got my baby in her new home. Elijah was super protective of us now. Especially zahrie. You couldn't tell him nothing.

"Please Jaelynn if you need anything just let me know. I️ know you're still healing so I️ don't want you walking around too much. You can call either me or Renzo".

I️ nodded "I️ just want my baby with me". I️ couldn't help but snuggle with her. She was a mamas girl at that.

Elijah just smiled and walked out the room to give us some alone time together. Just staring at her and looking at her features. "You were the reason I️ was acting out of character". She just looked at me. Poor thing was falling asleep in my arms. I️ waited a couple of minutes before putting her down in the crib.

Once I️ made sure she was sleep I️ went to shower. A quick shower at that. Taking my time and walking I️ made it to the kitchen area where Elijah was there just sitting there thinking.

"Didn't I️ tell you to call me when you wanted something?" He looked at me.

"Yeah but I️ can move it's not like I'm paralyzed" I️ joked. "What's up with you? You seem so serious". Taking a seat next to him.

"Just thinking about my priorities. With zahrie actually here it makes me think about what's important and what's a waste my energy".

"Like Alexis.." I️ quickly mumbled.

He turned to me and nodded "yup... I️ don't want her breaking us up as a family. I️ would never want you to leave me with zahrie".

"Oh she won't be around for a while. Not after I️ laced her ass" I️ smirked.

"And with your fighting... it has to stop. You have a baby to worry about now. You don't want her getting older and seeing you fighting thinking it's cool".

"I️ don't always fight. It's just punk ass bitches like Damian, Alexis and etc that want to test me".

"Well from now on we ignore them. And Alexis I'll have to try make sure whenever I️ am it doesn't get out for her to find out".

"Aww look at your being all responsible" pinching his cheek "zahrie got you all grown".

"I️ want to do right by her. She deserves the best and that's what I️ want to give her". The baby monitor went off with her crying. I️ was about to get up but Elijah got up and assured me he got it. Plus, I️ don't think I would be able to make it back upstairs fast enough.

Just hoping Elijah means what he says. Cause we all know actions speak louder than words.