~17~

It was six in the morning when Jisoo's alarm went off. He groaned as the loud sound blasted throughout his bedroom. It took a while before he finally decided to get ready for school. After showering, he got dressed and made his way to the front door, purposely skipping breakfast.

Jisoo hasn't been eating regularly these days. He became a bit thinner and he's relieved that none of his friends noticed. Yet.

He closed the door and walked to school. He dropped by a 24 hour store first and bought something before continuing his way to school. Not long after, he arrived and met Seokmin and Soonyoung at the school gates.

"Naega Josh~" Seokmin greeted.

"Yah! Naega Hosh still sounds better to me," Soonyoung pouted.

"Hey guys," Jisoo said. The three of them walked together at the hallways while having a bit of a small talk. "You guys go ahead. I'll pass by the locker room first," He said. The two nodded as Jisoo went to his locker.

...

Guilt. Blameworthy. Sorry.

Jeonghan feels that he is at fault why he and Jisoo's friendship are breaking apart. He can't help but think that he has done something bad that resulted Jisoo avoiding him. The only problem was he didn't know what he did that somehow hurt his best friend's feelings. He tried to remember anything he had done wrong before Jisoo started to avoid his presence.

"Han, are you even listening?" Jeonghan snapped out of his thoughts when Seungcheol tapped him. "Yeah.. I think?" He replied, unsure of his answer.

"Jeonghan," Seungcheol started. "Just a little longer okay?"

"Okay.." They continued walking through the halls and to their respective lockers. When Jeonghan opened his locker, he was surprised to see a heart shaped box full of milk chocolates. It has been a few weeks since he received any and it was the first time after a long time. His eye caught the sight of an envelope and decided to read the content later. He quickly placed the things he received inside his bag.

Up until this very moment, Jeonghan doesn't have a clue on who's giving him those chocolates. 

"Come on Cheol, let's go," He said. They walked back to their classroom. "Is he still..?" Seungcheol asked as they sat down. They weren't seatmates but since classes aren't going to start in a few, he sat next to Jeonghan.

"Sadly, yes. Jisoo's still ignoring me," Jeonghan said, sadness clear in his eyes. "I don't know why but I feel responsible for his reason of avoiding me out of the blue."

"Maybe it's because you ditched him?"

"He's acting strangely even before that happened," Jeonghan said. "And I didn't completely ditched Jisoo. I woke up at 2:30 pm that day. Sorry for bumping into you at the park though. I had to run. So much for sleeping at 5 in the morning.."

"Your sleeping skills did great on the wrong day," Seungcheol commented. The bell rang indicating that class is about to start. "Better get back to my seat," He said as students started to fill the classroom. He gave Jeonghan the journal and went back to his seat.

Jeonghan sighed. 'Another long day up ahead..'

His eyes landed on Jisoo's figure as the latter entered the room and sat down. His eyes are glued on the boy in front during the entire lesson. Who cares if he doesn't listen to the teacher's discussion? It's not his fault that his voice is boring that almost made Jeonghan fall asleep. Almost.

"May I go to the restroom?" The teacher nodded and Jisoo sprinted outside. Jeonghan decided to follow him, quietly making his way out without the teacher noticing. Fortunately, he succeeded.

He followed him to the restroom, watching him just standing there in front of the sink looking at himself. Jeonghan was peaking inside for he didn't want Jisoo to see him there. That's when he realized something. He realized that Jisoo was pale, thin, and lifeless. Like his happiness is drained out of him. 

Silence. That is what surrounds the atmosphere and Jeonghan likes it knowing that Jisoo's presence is near. Sometimes, a little bit of silence is all they need. But he wanted to know why the other went here. Out of all places, why the restroom?

Not long after, Jeonghan heard quiet sniffles and a sob coming inside. His eyes widened and took another look at the boy younger than him by a few months. "I hate you.." Jisoo was already shedding tears of sadness while looking at his reflection. '

Pathetic. That's the word that Jisoo can describe himself as.

"Why d-did you fall too hard, Jisoo-ah," He continued, saying things that he thought only he was hearing. "It's all your f-fault why you are like this."

Jeonghan, who was watching the younger, tried to hold back his tears that started to fall one by one. It was hard knowing that his best friend was already hurting and he didn't do anything as a friend to make him feel better. Moreover, he didn't even know that Jisoo was hurting like this. 

He's crying too because Jisoo's hurting.

"A-Am I not.. not deserved to be l-loved?" He cried harder. Jeonghan shakes his head as if Jisoo was talking to him. 'Don't think like that. Please. You're loved Jisoo.'

The older came to a conclusion that Jisoo may have been rejected, friendzoned, or his feelings were one sided. His blood boiled at the person who had the guts to reject his best friend. Unknown to Jeonghan, the person that he's hating just now is himself.

The scenario went on. Jisoo talking to himself more and Jeonghan listening to whatever he said. It lasted for a few minutes before Jisoo decided to go back. He splashed his face with water and wiped it with his handkerchief. Jeonghan hurriedly hid in a corner as Jisoo walked out. He watched and noticed that he was walking rather slowly. 

The next thing he knew, he was running towards the boy who just fainted.

...

Fun fact, I noticed that this chapter's exactly 1004 words

Fun fact, I noticed that this chapter's exactly 1004 words. Uri cheonsa Yoon Jeonghan <33