DARK ICE, graylu

Rating: Mature

Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence

Categories: F/M

Fandom: Fairy Tail

Relationships: Gray Fullbuster/Lucy Heartfilia, Natsu Dragneel/Lucy Heartfilia (mentioned)

Characters: Gray Fullbuster, Laxus Dreyar, Jellal Fernandes, Mystogan (Fairy Tail), Natsu Dragneel, Lucy Heartfilia, Erza Scarlet, Happy (Fairy Tail), Cana Alberona, Wendy Marvel, Gajeel Redfox, Sting Eucliffe, Rogue Cheney, Lector (Fairy Tail), Frosch (Fairy Tail), Mirajane Strauss, Elfman Strauss, Lisanna Strauss, Cobra (Fairy Tail), Yukino Aguria, Cubellios | Kinana, Lyon Vastia, Juvia Lockser, PantherlilyCharle | Carla, Levy McGarden, Gildarts Clive, Makarov Dreyar, Evergreen (Fairy Tail), Bickslow (Fairy Tail), Freed Justine

Language: English

Cover:

Description:

Description:

     There's a darkness within Gray that none except Natsu know about, and there's a secret he is hiding from them all.

     Lucy knows something is wrong with the Ice Wizard, but can she know it without its very existence destroying her?

     © frosch, 2018

Preview:

     Dark eyes. They're such a dark blue that they're almost black. Well, one of them is. The other is a glowing purple, a vivacious colour that sends chills down people's spines. The darkness on my skin appears to be burning, but, in truth, Gray doesn't feel a thing. It is a never ending black mass that is wrapping itself around his limbs and almost encasing half of his body. It's throbbing with untold power, and it is making the Ice Mage's heart race.

     The Mage in front of him is wide-eyed with fear, and even Natsu has slight fear in his eyes. Although, he's not one to talk - with him being E.N.D after all. Erza's eyes are narrowed with apprehension, and even Loke is dubious of Gray in this state. Lucy's brown eyes are blossoming with tears as she struggles to stand, the pain overwhelming her. She reaches for the Ice Mage and he carefully picks her up, cradling her small frame in his arms.

     "Gray." Her voice is soft and vulnerable. It makes Gray's harsh gaze soften as he takes her bloodied state in. "I'm not going to try stop you this time."

     Gray stares at her in shock. "Lucy."

     "Just be careful, alright?"

     "Of course."

     She looks up at him, her eyes glistening. "Come back to me alive. Don't you dare die on me."

     "Lucy, I promise you I'll be back for you."

     Her small hands cup his face and pulls him towards her, a small smile on his face. Her soft lips meet his and everyone else seems to vanish. It feels as though there's nothing but them in this desolate world, and he's fine with that. It is bliss, and neither want it to end. It does end though. Lucy pulls back and smiles, tears running down her face as she caresses the blackness on Gray's face.

     Natsu's hot arms brush against Gray as he takes Lucy from the Ice Mage, and he looks up, meeting the Dragon Slayer's dark onyx eyes. He will protect her, and Gray knows there will be no hesitation in doing so. That fact allows him to loosen his hold on the girl he loves and hand her over to the other male, even though Gray's mind is screaming at him that he should not let Natsu near her after everything that has happened.

     "You keep her safe, Natsu," Gray says, staring at the other Mage. "If any harm comes to her, I don't care if you're the E.N.D, I will kill you."

     Natsu grins, his fangs sticking out. "Of course, Ice Princess. There's no way I'd let any harm come to your beloved."

     "Now is not the time for jokes, flame boy. Keep her safe, or else."

     "I know, Gray. Just... don't you die out there."