DEREALISE, spencer reid [2]

Rating: Mature

Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence

Category: M/M, F/M

Fandom: Criminal Minds (TV)

Relationship: Spencer Reid/Original Male Character

Characters: Spencer Reid, Jennifer "JJ" Jareau, Derek Morgan, Aaron "Hotch" Hotchner, Emil Prentiss, James Gideon, Penelope Garcia, Elle Greenway, David Rossi, Luke Alvez

Language: English

Cover:

Description:

Description:

     ❝please, don't follow me into the depths of my own personal hell...❞

     [ 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐫 𝐫𝐞𝐢𝐝 𝐱 𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐨𝐜 ]

     [ 𝐛𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐭𝐰𝐨 𝐨𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐞 '𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐮𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐲' ]

     [ 𝐜𝐫𝐢𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐚𝐥 𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐝𝐬 (𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟎𝟗 - 𝐬𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐨𝐧 𝟏𝟓) ]

     August and Spencer have been through their fair share of trials over the past few years, both separately and together, but there's always something bigger looming in their shadows. Trouble may well be their middle names, because that's what lies ahead for them no matter which way they turn - but there are certainly more pressing matters for them now, and they're not cases for the BAU.

     © frosch, 2023

Warnings:

     I'm not saying these things lightly, but honestly. Also, to save my own ass, I am going to say this: I am NOT a psychiatrist of any kind. All knowledge of the mental illnesses contained within this story are from personal experiences - from either myself or from someone within my family. No two people share the exact same symptoms, each just that little bit different.

     As a general rule, the majority of my stories have adult themes, but I feel as though this story is seriously going to cross the line with quite a few things. Essentially, this entire book is metaphorically stamped with a GIANT TRIGGER WARNING, because I will be diving into the darker parts of humanity and its illnesses - treatable and untreatable. Who needs fantastical monsters when humans are the worst kind of monsters there are in pretty much any realm of existence?

     This story is going to be relatively dark, not that anyone who has read any of my other works should be surprised by. And I don't mean "dark" as in "dark romance," but "dark" as in the main character is extremely possessive and protective of their significant other (and siblings), to the point of serial murder and gruesome torture. The main character is undeniably disturbed and traumatised, but is still able to function as an everyday person on a general basis. There are some things that will tip them over the edge, sending them spiraling into insanity - and I honestly mean remorseless murderous and torturous insanity, not panicked and frantic insanity where an average person would lash out and then feel regret.

     Along with all of that darkness, the main character suffers from Complex Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, a split personality, and severe dissociative episodes due to past traumatic experiences, among other debilitating "illnesses". The parts of their dissociative disorder, derealisation and depersonalisation, are things that people genuinely struggle with on a day-to-day basis, and I am going to try putting what they feel like into words - not just what they are.

     Depersonalisation is where you have the feeling of being outside yourself and observing your actions, feelings, or thoughts from a distance. Derealisation is where you feel the world around is unreal; people and things around you seeming "lifeless" or "foggy".