FLESH AND BONE, tokyo ghoul

Rating: Mature

Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence

Category: F/M

Fandom: Tokyo Ghoul

Relationship: Nagachika Hideoyshi/Original Female Character(s), Kaneki Ken | Sasaki Haise/Kirishima Touka, Fueguchi Hinami/Kirishima Ayato

Characters: Nagachika Hideoyshi, Kaneki Ken, Kirishima Touka, Kirishima Ayato, Fueguchi Hinami, Yoshimura Eto | Tatsuki Sen

Language: English

Cover:

Description:

Description:

     ❝i can neither live with you or without you❞

     What if Ken Kaneki wasn't the first Human forced into the Ghoul world by the handiwork of Doctor Kano, and what if the one who was is an old friend of his and Hide's? When Hiiro Iki finds herself in a tough position, she turns to one of the best known Ghoul organisations - Aogiri Tree. Finding a place within it, she feels like she's at home once again.

     Making friends has never been her strong suit, but, due to her Chimera Kagune and superior fighting abilities, she is placed in charge of a small group of Ghouls in the 20th Ward. There she finds plenty of trouble with a Binge Eater and a Gourmet, but that's the least of her troubles when one of her childhood friends is forced to endure the hell she's been put through.

     © frosch, 2019

Preview:

     Darting through the streets, I come to a skidding stop in front of the hospital where Hide is currently being checked up on. Luckily, it's just as the familiar orange-haired, brown-eyed teenage male walks out, and I let out a sigh of relief. Hurrying over to him, I place my hand on his shoulder and spin him to face me, watching his eyes widen in shock and annoyance before turning into delight as his arms squish me close to his body.

     "Hiiro," Hide exclaims, an almost death-grip holding me to his body. Suddenly, he releases me and holds me back, hands on my shoulders and brown eyes wide. "Wait. Where the heck have you been?! It's been years!"

     "Hide-"

     "Does Kaneki know you're back in Tokyo?"

     My mouth opens briefly before I close it and swallow, looking up at my childhood friend. Seeing my reaction, the older teen transfers his hold from my shoulders to my wrist and drags me behind him all the way back to his apartment. I don't fight against him. I mean, it could lead to him being seriously hurt again, so I go along with it. Once we're there, he doesn't hesitate to pull me into the apartment with him.

     He releases me the moment we enter the kitchen and he stalks over to make some coffee or tea or something. Hesitating, I take a seat at the table and clasp my hands in front of me on the table, waiting for what is about to happen, to happen. It doesn't take long for Hide to place a cup of coffee in front of me and then takes a seat beside me, lightly tanned hands around his mug.

     "Hide, I'm sorry," I murmur, staring down into the dark liquid. "I should I have told you sooner, but I didn't really have a chance to."

     "How long?" Hide's voice is tight and almost pitched to a growl. "How long has he known you've been back?"

     "Since what happened with Nishiki."

     "He's known for almost two weeks?!"

     My stomach drops at how Hide doesn't react to my words, and my hold tightens on my mug. By the looks of things, the Human realises what exactly has just happened and recoils, light brown eyes wide as I look up at my friend through my purple fringe. I watch with muted amusement as he almost launches himself from his seat and stumbles back into the small kitchenette, hands up in surrender.

     Tilting my head back, I allow my hair to fall back from my eyes, baring the activated black and red Kakugan on my right eye. "You know about him, don't you, Hideyoshi Nagachika?"

     "Hiiro, wait," Hide pleads, running into the cupboard as I stand and walk towards him. I cage him in with my Koukaku Kagune and stare up at him with hybrid eyes, letting my Rinkaku Kagune slip free of my lower back and carefully encase Hide's ankles. "Hiiro, come on. You don't have to do this!"

     "Why not? It would protect you both in the long run - it would protect me in the long run. Getting rid of you now would eliminate any future danger would be put in because you know about him and everyone else in that coffee shop, and now me. Come on, Hide. Let me free of an uncertain future."

     Before I can even think, the outgoing male leans forward and kisses me, startling me enough to lose my concentration and control of my Kagune. Hunger burns me and I force myself away from my friend, right eye burning a bright red and the red lines around my eye growing larger. Hide watches me with wide eyes, knowing exactly what is going on right now, and then they settle into submission.

     "You're hungry," he states, taking off his jacket and dropping it onto the bench, revealing more of his lightly tanned skin. My eyes train on the flesh and my stomach churns, the tantalising smell of my friend getting to me as Hide motions to his left arm. "Go on."