IMANITY'S DEUS, no game no life

Rating: Teen Audiences and Up

Archive Warnings: No Archive Warnings Apply

Category: F/M

Fandom: No Game No Life - Kamiya Yuu, No Game No Life (Anime), No Game No Life (Manga)

Relationship: Riku Dola/Shuvi (No Game No Life)

Characters: Riku Dola, Shuvi (No Game No Life), Tet (No Game No Life), Jibril (No Game No Life), Sora (No Game No Life), Shiro (No Game No Life), Stephanie Dola, Corone Dola, Kurumi Zell, Fiel Nirvalen, Izuna Hatsuse, Miko (No Game No Life)

Language: English

Cover:

Description:

Description:

     Even before they were known as "Imanity" thanks to Tet in the aftermath of The Great War, they had an Old Deus born from their wishes of survival and prosperity, but it wasn't a Deus that could bring them the comfort they wanted. The older Old Deus feared the power of the Imanity-born-Deus for the wishes of such a race were more potent than any seen before, making the newborn Deus more powerful than even Artosh of the Flügel.

     For all their strength, they only barely managed to seal Imanity's Deus away until Riku Dola's wish created Tet, the God of Play, and he took the title of One True God, weakening their wrathful powers and releasing the Deus. Upon seeing the chaos created by the other Old Deus, and how the race that created them had almost perished at the hands of those the other Old Deus had been created by, Imanity's Deus unleashed their wrath upon the now powerless Old Deus, sealing them far away from the planet they almost utterly razed.

     Now the only Old Deus remaining on the planet that hadn't been belittled by Tet becoming the One True God, they help the God of Games rebuild the planet in a way that allows for the survival and chance to rebuild the populations that had been decimated.

     © frosch, 2020

Preview:

     "You believe that Imanity has no god, Sora?" Isadora muses, making the dark haired newly crowned King of Imanity jolt in shock, eyes pinned on her. "I believe I asked you a question, so do grant me an answer if you find your lips and tongue working any time soon."

     The teenager jolts again and blinks, sharing a bewildered look with his little sister before returning his curious gaze to the female sitting on their windowsill. "I, uh, I guess not. I mean, there's been no solid evidence to suggest otherwise, and no one in this kingdom has mentioned anything of the sort."

     "Not even Steph," the silver-haired newly crowned Queen of Imanity replies, eyes steadily assessing their guest in an attempt to understand them, making Isadora's lips quirk up into an amused half-smile. "And she tells us everything."

     Isadora hums and gives the siblings a secret smile. "I continue to remain in existence because of Imanity's need for survival and prosperity, from which I was born during the Great War over 6000 years ago, and they have no recollection of me having taken part in their history. Honestly, it's not as if I can exactly blame them all because, during that hellish war, Imanity were nothing because they had no Old Deus to fight for them. Those bastards locked me away because they feared what Imanity created, but I was released when Tet became the One True God and they lost most of their reign and power - and one of them ended up dying, if I recall correctly."

     "You're an Old Deus?" Sora says, laughter being the undercurrent of his voice. "You're nothing like what I imagined a Rank 1 Exceed would be like."

     "That's just it, dear Sora."

     "She's not an Old Deus," Shiro informs, her mind working a millions miles a second. "In fact, she's not classified as a member of the Sixteen Exceed Races, or as the One True God."

     "If you aren't anything of the sort, then what are you?"

     Imanity's Deus simply smiles and stands, long blue and black hair whipping around in a sudden gust of wind, giving her the opportunity to show off just a little. "Little old me? Well, let's just say that you and I will cross paths again, and I may well let you play a game with me, my dear Creators - or should I say, humans from another world entirely. I'll tell you my name and how I got it for now, but that is all. I am called Isadora, and you can thank our dear friend Tet for such a wonderful name." Stepping backwards, she plummets towards the ground, startling Sora and Shiro. "Sayonara for now, little ones."