DARK ANGEL, death note

Rating: Mature

Warnings: Graphic Depictions of Violence, Major Character Death

Categories: M/M, F/M

Fandom: Death Note (Anime & Manga)

Relationships: L/Yagami Light, Amane Misa/Matsuda Touta

Characters: Yagami Light, L (Death Note), Ryuk (Death Note), Ryuzaki (Death Note), Amane Misa, Mikami Teru, Matsuda Touta

Language: English

Cover:

Description:

Description:

     ❝light and dark go hand-in-hand, you know❞

     Light Yagami. Smart. Brave. Cunning. Quick witted. He is all these things. The one thing that does not come to mind when people see him is 'killer'. Murderer. Saviour. Kira. He is also all these things, but he is making the world a better place.

     At the age of twenty-three, he became head of the Japanese Task Force, and, later that year, was discovered to be the infamous Kira and was gunned down by one of his associates; the one he called a friend.

     Days later, he ends up in the Shinigami Realm and is offered the chance to become a God of Death and work alongside a friend from another life, as well as his Shinigami from when he was Human - Ryuk.

     © frosch, 2018

Preview:

     "That's what you meant," Light exclaims, his anger rising and causing his body to convulse. "When we were alive back in the Edo Period... I can't believe you didn't tell me, Raito!"

     Raito shakes, his own anger rising to meet Light's. "You think I didn't want to tell you, Light? Of course I wanted to tell you! But it's not like I can tell you everything from our life all those decades ago."

     "You actually can, but you're saying you don't want to!"

     "Your very being would be overcome by the Edo Period, and, what memories you gain from it, you'll never be able to forget it. Trust me, brother, you don't want to remember this country when it was war-torn."

     Light grips the collar of his brother's button up grey shirt and glares into his ruby red Eyes. "I will not stay by your side if you continue to withhold my own past from me. Keep that in mind, brother."

     Raito goes limp in Light's grasp and his eyes fade back to their familiar warm brown. "Light, there's no going back once you remember all you have forgotten. Keep that in mind, brother."

     Ryuzaki looks between the twins, dark eyes troubled and tormented. "U-Um, my opinion m-may be not needed, b-but I think L-Light should have his memories b-back. T-They're his after all."

     Raito sighs, raising his hand and pressing the pad of his pointer finger between Light's eyes, a strange feeling washes over the latter as memories flood through his mind, causing a cry of surprise to escape him. Images of a war-torn and poverty stricken Japan bombard Light, and he finds himself tightly gripping the hand of L and Ryuzaki's past self. Scenes of stolen moments of happiness in the darkness of night sting Light's mind and bury themselves into his subconscious, to be used in moments of extreme loss.