Verbatim

"you know that ima be the one that's there for you when you ain't got nobody, swear to god"

Val's POV

The weekend was finally here and to say the least I was so excited, I couldn't wait to lock myself in my room so nobody can bug me.

But I spoke too soon because suddenly there was a knock on my door, if death had a sound it would definitely be that.

"Come in" I mumbled, looking up to see Steve. Me and Steve haven't really talked since that morning.

I wasn't ignoring him, he knew I needed space so he didn't push on asking me what's wrong and I love him for that. I'm glad he's my brother.

"Hey" He said lowly sitting at the end of my bed "what's up"

I raised an eyebrow at him "did mom and dad ask you to come and talk to me?" I asked, just out of curiosity.

Maybe I'm being a little bit dramatic? It's just something I been holding on my whole life, my birth father left me and my mom, he didn't want me.

But then my mom wouldn't have met my dad and Steve wouldn't be my brother and for that I'm extremely grateful their in my life.

But It kinda feels like there's a piece missing, I don't have closure.

"No, no I'm just worried about you" He said looking at me and I shrugged my shoulders at him.

"It doesn't matter anymore" I honestly just need to get over myself.

"Tell me what's wrong, I won't tell mom and dad, you need to let out your feelings" he said looking me with sadness in his eyes. Steve knows me very well and he knows when I'm hurting.

"It's just, this town is so judgmental I don't want them finding out about my birth father and how you and dad aren't my actual family" I said finally letting out what I was worried about.

I don't want at to be that girl, who's birth father left her and lied about it her whole life. I know it's no ones business but like I said this town is judgmental.

"I never told anyone, not even Nancy or Jonathan" I said feeling tears swell up into my eyes.

"Look Val, I don't care what people say you are my sister, mom is our mom, and dad is our dad" he breathed out "blood or not" 

I nodded my head because he was right. I'm a over thinker and it gets the best of me

"I'm feeling the same way Val, I never told anyone because I don't want people knowing my birth mother left when I was born because she couldn't handle it" he said and I sat next to him putting my head on his shoulder.

"She lost a wonderful person" I whispered but he could still hear me.

"And he doesn't deserve a wonderful person in his life" he said, I lightly smiled.