Edition

"but really I couldn't take it, especially when the volume is raising"

Val's POV

You know when you can't stop thinking about something? The thought just eats you alive because you just want to know why. Why did Billy Hargrove call me beautiful? Does he remember?

But then why would he care Billy? He's a player he would never stick to one girl only, so I don't appreciate him messing with my mind. But of course over the past three days I can't stop thinking about what Billy Hargrove said to me while I was driving his drunk self to my house.

I need to stop thinking about it because I can't fall for Billy, he will only break me and I don't need that. But also there was something about Billy that pulled me to him. He irritates the fuck out of me but I still talk to him.

What the fuck is wrong with me?

"Val!" I hear someone yell my name and I sudden was knocked out of my thoughts, me and Jonathan were currently in my room working on homework but that the last thing I could do right now.

"What?" I said looking at Jonathan with no type of emotions. You know when your starting to like someone who you know is bad for you and the relationship would just never work out or you know they would never have any true feelings for you, yeah that's me.

Have I also mentioned he has not talk to me? Billy usually always talks to me but the last three days he hasn't.

"What's wrong? Your Barley even focusing" he said putting down his pencil.

"When do people ever focus on homework?" I said sighing.

Jonathan was going to say something until we heard a loud noise outside which made both of us look outside my bedroom window and it was Steve and Billy playing basketball.

I frown seeing Billy which made me upset because he giving me emotions I don't want to ever want to feel.

"Ohhh I see" I hear Jonathan say causing me to turn my head. "Your upset about Billy, what did he do?"

My mouth dropped open because I didn't know want to say and I didn't want to tell Jonathan anything because I already knew what he was going to say.

"Also don't try and lie to me because I know you Val" he said raising his eyebrows at me. I huff in annoyance because he was right.

"Billy called me beautiful while he was drunk and I'm just upset because I know it means nothing" I said frowning.

Jonathan face washed over with confusion "Billy said that? It's just I can't imagine Billy being nice and giving someone a compliment"

I laughed at his reaction because he was right when would sober Billy do that?

"Obviously because he was drunk" I said because it was only thing making me feel better.

"You really shouldn't get involved with him Val" he said in a serious tone. "Billy is an asshole and only cares about himself, he doesn't do anything for anyone unless it benefits him"

My eyes widen at him "woah okay slow down" I said to him because he was going off on a rant I kinda didn't want to get into.

"I'm just looking out for you" He said sighing

"Yeah I know, but I can't control my feelings no matter how much he's an asshole" I said because I had a feeling no matter how much I knew Billy only cared about himself, I would still develop feelings for him.

Jonathan was going to say something until he was cut off by my mother standing outside of my room.

"Can you help your brother take out the trash Val" she said, not asking but telling me too do it and I nod my head.

I told Jonathan I would be back in a minute and got up from my bed.

I went downstairs and got the garbage back from the trash bucket and quickly walked out. As I walked out of the house I bump into something hard.

I looked up to see Billy since he was much taller than me and his arm was wrapped around my waist so I wouldn't fall as I still had the trash bag in my hand.

I looked at him and he was sweaty from playing basketball with Steve and for some reason he looked more hot than gross.

My heart was beating fast from how close we were right now and I finally had the courage to say something until now: "I'm sorry" I whispered.

"Watch where your going next time" he said pushing me away from him kinda roughly, I frown from him rudeness and just nod my head at him. Then he just bumps his shoulder against mine walking into my house.

I was more upset at the fact that was the first thing he said to me since what happen. I felt even more stupid that I thought Billy calling me beautiful meant anything. I hate myself for caring and caring about him.

Why do I always go for the asshole? I mentally ask myself.

I sighed as I threw the trash away and Jonathan is walking out my house.

"My mom just called your house and told me I have to go home" he said and I nod my head hugging him goodbye.

I walked into my house to see my family and Billy sitting at the dinner table. There was no way I was going to sit at the same table with Billy right now because the thought overwhelmed me.

"Hey honey, come take a seat dinner is ready" my mom said and I lightly smile at her.

"I'm sorry but I'm not hungry right now, I'm a little under the weather" I said lying as I looked my mom and I could feel Billy eyes burning into me, but I give him no type of attention.

"Are you okay Val?" My dad said and I just smile and nod at him.

"I'm just not feeling well and I have to finish homework still" I said and they just nod their heads going back to their conversation.

As I'm walking away Steve gives me a look that screams 'i know your lying and your telling me later' but I just nod my head at him, but that didn't mean I was going to tell him it was because of Billy.

——————————

I'm very sorry I haven't updated, I just had a busy 2 weeks of school. I know people don't really like filler chapters I kinda just want to take things slow with Billy and Val.
Tell me what you guys think.