Chapter 4: Complications

"Wolves? That were...speaking?" Nightwing enquired.
"Yesss!" Red Hood answered exasperatedly.
"Just go home, we'll talk in the morning!" Nightwing sighed, shaking his head

--------
The next morning...

At the harbour

Your PoV
"Grey filled me in on why you weren't here, did everything go as planned?" I asked Kai as he lay beside me, gazing at his pack as they still slept.

"Not really, a few wolves have tried to overthrow Tamaska and we had to fight back." He explained in a monotonous voice.

"Why?"

"Because they don't want allies with the humans!" He answered, looking at me with worried eyes. I breathed in.

"But he won't stand for it."

"I'm pretty sure they're siding with a human too," I retorted, shaking my head at the situation.

"What do you mean?" He asked, gazing at me.

"Lilith said she wasn't done with me yesterday." I informed. He stood up and sighed.

"This became complicated."

"What are we going to do?"

"Tamaska has given us orders to protect you, you're a princess (Y/N)," he explained. I nodded in agreement.

"And that is why you need to train." Ayaka interveined as she smiled at me, walking towards us.

"But I already know a lot!" I whined.

"You need to be able to use anything as a weapon, a few vigilantes in this city have escrima sticks." She explained. I simply pouted as she chuckled.

"Come on, training starts now," She ushered.

At Mount Justice....

"So about yesterday...." Nightwing trailed on.

"I'm telling you, she can clearly defend herself. She had a pack of wolves, that was nearly as tall as her, and us!! And they talked!" Arsenal babbled.

"And she kicked his ass," Red Hood deadpanned, smirking under his mask.

"Dude!"

"Okay, fine, just continue keeping an eye on her and report back tomorrow." Nightwing explained.

Your PoV
"I should be heading back now, I'm kinda cold." I explained, saying goodbye to everyone.

"(Y/N)? Can I stay with Mommy a bit longer?" Grey pouted.

"Of course honey, you know the way home!" I smiled.

"We might leave soon too, just to see how everything is going." Ayaka smiled. I waved them goodbye then started walking home.