Chapter 26: The Talk

A/N: Sorry this took so long!

"You asked for me Kai?" (Y/N) stepped outside, onto the balcony. The wolf was there, standing and gazing on the view which was engulfed in darkness.

"Yes, we have some important issues to discuss. I wouldn't have wanted you to know now because of everything but due to these circumstances, we don't really have a choice."

"What's going on Kai?" The girl frowned, sitting beside him. He looked away momentarily, feeling his tail twitch in uneasiness.

"Sit," He instructed, nodded to a spot beside him. She did as she was told, plopping down and crossing her legs. Her shoulders faced the scenery as well, not understanding what he could possibly ask for.

"What's wrong Kai?" She voiced her worry, turning to him and attempting to read this.

"We wanted to keep this a secret for as long as possible and this timing could not be any less inappropriate but now more than ever, you need to be informed."

"Kai, you're worrying me," (Y/N) gulped.

"I'm sorry little one," He nodded, "let me explain, you are the princess of Arvaysia and since the King has... left us, you will need to become the new heir of the kingdom."

"What? I'm going to become Queen??" The (H/C) haired girl gasped.

"Unfortunately yes, and quickly, we know you haven't completed your training but we need to return to the kingdom as soon as possible, if the kingdom stays without an heir for too long, then the ancestral spirit will take over the kingdom."

"But I thought the ancestral spirits were good."

"Some of them are faster and more powerful than others, they still have a conscious mind, we have no idea what they might do with this amount of power."

"So we might all die a horrible death?"

"More like we might succumb to darkness,"

"Oh, that's... not good," The girl sighed, "I don't want to be queen though, I'm too young, there is so much I want to learn about 'humans' and I want to travel everywhere with my friends, I just, I can't-"

"I know little one, that's why I didn't want to tell you now, as much as I dislike it, you have grown fond of the people here, as they have with you and I know it would break your heart to stay in Arvaysia forever, ruling over us," The girl released a sigh in relief, she was thankful he understood her view, "but what is happening has to be done, I'm sorry but you are the only one fit to be queen, Tamaska nominated you as the next ruler, there is nothing that can be done," His expression lowered as he stared at the ground. The girl's shoulders hunched over and her face faltered as well.

"I'm sorry," He muttered.

"It's not your fault," she groaned softly in frustration, "I just don't want my life set out already, I have so much to discover and well, I don't feel like my place in the kingdom will stand well among the people."

"What makes you think that?" Kai frowned, moving his attention from the lake to her.

"Well, they trusted me with Tamaska because they had always put their faith in him and were never left disappointed, but now that he's gone, I, I don't think they will trust me, after all, he sacrificed himself for me." She whispered sadly, staring at her lap. She heard the Alpha take a deep breath beside her and stare back at the landscape.

"A good leader would not care of his reputation from the start, they would prove their worth from the start and listen to the voice of their people. They would learn from their mistakes and would not submit to greed."

The girl watched him explain everything, she didn't realise how wise he had become over the years, the moments she cherished with him as they grew up, when he was just a little pup that was first discovering a ball which made her giggle uncontrollably, or when he was there for her to comfort her when she was sad -- and then when he could pass looking like a dog and walked by her side in their childhood town and she nearly got attacked and he bit the stranger before he could reach her.

And now here he was, giving her advice about how the kingdom should be run like he was her advisor when he knew Arvaysia better than anyone and was such a terrific leader. She understood that he was trying to help her and give her insight of the potential strategies that she should apply -- but the only thing this did was make her overwhelmed and increasingly convinced that he should be King. For what reason he wasn't the one getting coronated, she really didn't know?

If only Ayaka was here to fend him off a little bit, she knew when Kai would... go on.

"But you get the general idea, right (Y/N)?" A small graceful smile appeared on his face as he turned to her. Her heart jumped. Kai looked proud of her, and what she had accomplished.

The only thing she felt was guilt, nothing else. It was wrong for her to do this, he was the ideal King, but fate had her become it, something that nearly everyone didn't want.

It was fate however, and nothing can change that.

"I have to go keep an eye on the pack, will you be okay with the humans?" He asked, standing up and staring down at her.

"Y-yeah, I'll be fine," she smiled softly. He nodded, humming in content before turning around and walking back into the Mount. The girl released a breath as he disappeared i the numerous corridors.

She uncrossed her legs and pulled her knees against her chest, placing her chin on one of them and sighing deeply.

"Everything alright?" A voice asked.

"Mmh," She hummed, recognising one of the gingers immediately.

"Are you sure?" He chuckled softly, flipping down beside her and leaning on his palms, most of his weight being on his muscular arms.

"I'm just sad, confused, depressed, all the bad emotions at once," Her eyelids fell over her eyes and she huffed, burying her face in between her legs. 

"I know the feeling," He nodded, scoffing to himself.

"How did you deal with it?" Her head turned to him in desperation. Roy stared back at the lake before lifting his hand.

"Come," He nodded, she shifted closer before he leaned back, his back laying against the cement. Her head fell on his shoulder as he pulled her into his side.

"Well,"

Comments, votes and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)