Chapter 24: Back With The Pack And Gone Again

"Sorry Dick," She mumbled, "Jason!!" She proceeded to call out his name before he disappeared into one of the numerous hallways.

"Dick?" The girl called out, running in the numerous hallways, scanning around. When she stumbled into the kitchen where an eating Wally was.

"Hey Wally, have you seen Dick?" She asked hopefully.

"Um, no, sorry!" He mumbled through a mouthful of food.

"It's fine," She nodded before frowning, "still eating?"

"Yeah... metabolism and stuff," he laughed nervously. The girl nodded in understanding until she understood what her initial goal was before waving at him and scurrying away.

"DICK!" She yelled, running around the entirety of Mount Justice. The girl felt awful for what he just witnessed -- but it's not what happened. Giving up on searching, her feet took her around the halls, she stopped once she saw Dick's back, leaning against one of the walls of the balcony.

"Dick," She muttered.

"I'm not in the mood to talk right now," He grunted, never looking back at her.
"I don't need you to talk, I want you to listen," She walked up to him, gripping his shoulder and turning him around so they were face to face.

"I wasn't lying to you when I said I didn't know what I wanted okay? Jason just assumed it was okay to kiss me so that's exactly what he did. I only pushed him off later because I was too focused on being disappointed with myself for letting you down." The end of her sentence came out as a mumble as she let him go and stared at her feet.

His eyes softened slightly at the confession, a sigh escaping his lips as he scanned around, somehow hoping he will find an appropriate response for her.

He shook his head, the attempt being pointless given the situation. His arms extended towards her and he pulled her into a hug. She returned the action back nearly instantly.

"It's okay, we're all on edge, I'm sorry," He groaned in her shoulder.

"Don't be, it's okay," She reassured, rubbing his back.

"Guys!!" A voice whooshed beside them. They pulled away in alarm. The speedster stared between them before clearing his throat.

"Bruce called a meeting," he started before turning to the girl, "and your pack is here too,"

"Really?" She gasped, "let's go!" her hand grasped Dick and she ran towards the meeting room -- but not before Wally gave a strange look to his best friend as they rushed past.

As soon as they got to the meeting room, the girl caught a glimpse at her big furry family and engulfed the first one she could reach in her grasp.

"I missed you too kid," Keanu joked, nuzzling her cheek.

"I missed you all so much," She shook her head, burying her face in his fur.

"Hey me!! Hug me, hug me (Y/NNNN)" A cuter voice insisted. The girl pulled away, chuckling pulling the small grey body into her chest.

"Hey Grey," a small chuckled escaped her lips as she kissed his forehead. He released a small whine as he nuzzled her neck, tail waggling lively.

After she greeted everyone, they took their professional stances as soon as Batman entered the room. The girl flinched slightly as the door slammed closed. Kai sat by her side, Ayaka on the other as they stared at the humans in front of them.

"From Tim's finding, Lex Luthor is planning on setting up a radar." Black Canary started. The atmosphere in the room immediately thickened.

"They plan on using the wolves' portals to locate them, the process is very complex but they have observed and tested it vigorously." She sighed.

"What does this mean then?" Arsenal asked.

"It means the wolves will either have to stay here or go back. They can't come and go or we'll be exposed." She finished, disappointment filling her gaze.

"So we have to decide whether we stay or leave?" Kaleb frowned. The blond nodded slowly. (Y/N) released a deep sigh.

"A moment, please?" Kai asked calmly. Batman and Black Canary nodded simultaneously as the pack walked to a side.

"I don't want to leave (Y/N)," Ayaka looked over to the girl as they made eye contact.

"Me neither sister, but since the Kingdom is on the brink of collapse, these people haven't shown any threat towards us or (Y/N)." The alpha clarified.

"So we head back?" Grey mumbled sadly. The girl frowned down at him, picking up his petite body and pulling him into her chest. His cold snout made her shiver as it nuzzled her neck.

"Unfortunately, we must little one," Ayaka's eyes filled with sympathy.

"Can't I stay with her? Pwease?" He made sure to include his innocent puppy eyes.

"No sweetie, it's too dangerous here and they can't always keep an eye on you," She shook her head.

Of course, the puppy eyes didn't work on the cream wolf.

"Well not everyone can keep an eye on me as well in Arvaysia," he stated in a matter-of-factly voice.

"The spirits can keep an eye on you, pumpkin, you knew that already," She chuckled in amusement. The little cub pouted, gazing up at (Y/N).

"I tried," He grumbled.

"Yes you did," The girl snorted, scratching his head.

"So it's settled then, we head back," Kai concluded.

*****

Nightwing, Red Hood and Robin stood at the entrance of the Mount, staring at the pack as it moved deeper into the forest. Batman had ordered them to keep an eye out in case anything happens.

"So this is it huh," The girl whispered out of fear of her voice cracking.

"It is, for now," Kai nodded, sitting in front of her. She leaned into him, hugging his neck."

"Stay safe over there, please?" Eyes filled with compassion.

"Of course, anything for you (Y/N)," He smiled softly.

"You too guys, every single one of you," Her head turned to every member of the pack. They nodded in unison.

"If anything happens to you, I'm coming back for you," Kai started as the others walked away from her to generate a portal, "no one hurts a member of my pack," He growled, putting his forehead against hers. A hum rumbled in her throat as she closed her eyes.

"What the-" A voice yelped. Both their head snapped away, eyes widening as they distinguished a portal forming in front of the rest of the pack -- from no one's doing. The wolves backed away, growling and standing their ground as the figure appeared from the portal.

Immediately, their hostile behaviours washed away.

"King Tamaska," Kai bowed suddenly. Something didn't feel right. The girl's eyes furrowed as the sacred wolf walked up to them. A loud gunshot could be heard and pierced right through the King.

"Tamaska!" (Y/N) yelled in alarm.

Comments, reblogs and feedback improve motivation, writing and publishing, so it is in your best interest to leave some! :)