Chapter 7: A Talk With The Wise One

"I'm learning okay? Give me a break!" I chuckled as I tried aiming at the target.
"Need help?" He asked.
"Sure!"

------

Nightwing's PoV

I stood beside Jason, Wally and Bruce as we examined the pair using a bow.
Ayaka walked up to them, smiling as she sat down.

"Why do you train her?" Batman asked.

"So that she can protect herself." She explained.

"How comes one of you can fly and another heal?" Jason asked.

"Where we come from, wolves are born with a certain gene. In addition to a recessive gene and a dominant gene, as you people call it, we have a special gene. They are unique to every single wolf. They are born with a certain power, some that fit their personality, and others are genetically transferred to the pup." She sighed.

"What can you do?" Batman asked.

"I can alter emotions, it's very useful when having a semi-aggressive alpha on the pack." She chuckled.

"Kaleb can create forcefields, that are bulletproof against humans, and Kai can increase the resistance of not only himself but the whole pack. Alphas attain the power of boosting a feature of its whole pack once it becomes the leader." She added.
A long silence took over them as they watched Roy helping (Y/N) hold and aim at the target. The closeness made me feel somewhat unusually angry.

 The closeness made me feel somewhat unusually angry

"Why do you hate humans so much?" Wally blurted out. She took a deep breath before her gaze hardened once again.

"For centuries, our ancestors had been at peace with the humans, we were the protector of all living creatures. But when some important politicians discovered what we were truly capable of, they started kidnapping us, testing and experimenting on us, wanting to create armies. And all animals became fearful of humans after that, hiding away and only fighting back to keep themselves safe, not wanting to throw away their dignity!" She whispered.

"Why is she with you then?" I asked.

"She took Kai in when he was a cub, taking care of him despite her parents' protests. When he grew up, he decided to become her guardian angel, the king of our people has named her a princess, she became a reminder that not all humans are monsters. She has a pure heart." She smiled at her.

"But you're still distrustful of us." Batman remarked.

"Not all of us are as easygoing as she is, she lives in constant fear of having abilities." She sneered.

"She has abilities?" I asked.

"She has our ancestor's writing in her skin, she can summon us when she wants. She is a living portal to our world and yours!"

"What's in your world?" Batman asked.

"You don't need to know!" She spat, ending the conversation as she walked away.
I could feel Batman's eyes narrowing as he glared at the wolf.